MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question regarding moderation cookies...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello from Belgium!

I've posted some questions in another "global" post of mine here in this forum, but here I'd like to cover one of those questions in particular, because I begin to think that solving that problem will solve all my other troubles.

To make it short, when selecting a forum thread and try to delete it (being logged as an admin, thus as a moderator), I see the Inline Thread Moderation button "Go (0)" changing into "Go (1)" (and that situation stays, even if I close the browser and open it again, which means that the javascript cookies writing/reading process is working just fine), when I try to delete that thread using the designated option and clicking that "Go (1)" button, I get a message saying that I haven't selected any thread.

The problem comes from the fact that when the PHP codes try to finds which thread to delete, it tries to access the same cookie written/read successfully by javascript, named "inlinemod_forum5" in my case. And here PHP cannot access it. Just to be sure, I added a log in moderation.php to see what cookies PHP had access to (see thos logs bellow), and indeed it has no info about that javascript made cookie Sad

PS: I don't see, in my server's log, any references to ModSecurity, which could have, as read on some Net forums, prevented PHP to access javascript made cookies. Not sure though if that test is enough or not to know if ModSecurity is running on my website provider...

Here is the log I created in moderation.php (more specifically in getids() function, which is causing my problems). Thank you VERY MUCH for any help you could provide ^^,

---[ http://www.advajp.com/index.php?page_id=...moderation ]---
---[ getids(): cookie name=inlinemod_forum5, cookie data= ]---

Cookies provided to PHP:
Array ( [loginattempts] => 1 [expires] => Thu, 16-May-2013 13:39:42 GMT [path] => /forum-2/ [domain] => .advajp.com [mybbuser] => 1_72299923111496316325158111194991248436957349521117 [HttpOnly_] => [sid] => 59e27a75f16fbe1f7b7886c00c264be5 [HttpOnly] => ) 1

As you can see, no reference to "inlinemod_forum5" Sad
As I haven't had the chance to see an answer this past day, could anyone suggest me where I should ask that question? Perhaps a more specific "coding" part of the forum perhaps? Or even another forum?

OK, never mind. During I was waiting some advices regarding my problem, I tried another kind of forum for my site, and that one is working perfectly well. In other words, thank you for your help everyone, good luck to myBB (which seems very promising), but at my side I'm afraid that "I'll marry another girl" ^^