MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OMG

i did the new update to the current mybb 1.2

And had a lot of problems....did not work with my mysql been useing this great software for some time but very disappointed this time

cost me 4 hours work so in the end i put the old ver: on still not right

i know this soft where is free

But if you release a new update check it works!! i tried to get on your site but it was down i guess u had the same problems as i did

www.cardiffbay.uk.com

Jon
been working the first day it was updated lmao nothen is wrong try re upgrading itsbeen 1 day and a half and its been working the whole time.
scheols Wrote:been working the first day it was updated lmao nothen is wrong try re upgrading itsbeen 1 day and a half and its been working the whole time.

i have been useing mybb for over a year never had problems untill now

i did install by the book now i have got a ver thats old and im unsure now to reinstallSad
well save your /uploads and uploads/avatars folder including your inc/config.php then upload all files again and you should be ok

(Make a BackUp before doing this incase somthen goes wrong.)
What exactly went wrong?
Chris Boulton Wrote:What exactly went wrong?

Hi Chris see you have been busy hope you are well

Ok this is what i did..

backed up my db then Down loaded the full 1.2 release.. install as upgrade... software said install complate.. then i removed install and went to my site.. i saw many mysql errors  Sad so i re installed my db backup still mysql errors..so i then removed all files and did a clean install....still mysql  errors.. so in the end i put old version back on and it works but some errors in the http://cardiffbay.uk.com/online.php

if you can help with 1.2 that would be great but i leaveing the old  version on at the moment

Jon
I see the site back to normal. Do you have a copy of the mySQL error logs?

The new version is actually 1.2. Not version 2.1.
Jeff Wrote:I see the site back to normal. Do you have a copy of the mySQL error logs?

The new version is actually 1.2. Not version 2.1.

Sorry i havent got the mysql logs but i guess its somthing to do with the new upgrade and mysql........
How long ago did you upgrade?
There were some fixes to the first release about the time you started this thread. Try reupgrading it.