MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hay fever.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone else suffer with this freaking annoying thing?

Spring comes, I should be excited, instead I get irritable eyes, itchy nose which then results in me sneezing 5+ times consecutively if I itch it, itchy eyes, blocked nose etc.

What do you do to combat it?
I do, yes. Last year it was so bad that I ended up going to the doctor and getting some really high doe antihistamine tablets that have helped a lot. Wearing my contact lenses also stops the itchy eyes problem.
Yeah I'm contemplating going to the doctors. I never even knew I suffered from it until this year, I just thought I was unlucky with colds, but I have a record of sneezing 12 times in a row which is awesome (I love sneezing).

So those tablets generally work? I'll be demanding them when I get there. Damn I wish I could wear contact lenses.
They do help a fair bit. I used to be on one set of tablets (came in a blue and white box - no idea what the name was) but after a while they stopped having effect. My new tablets are much stronger and have a pink and white box (again, no idea of the name).

You can also get a spray canister that you spray up your nose. It helps stop the sneezing a lot.
I'm liking that Pink box solution Toungue. I'm glad I made this thread now, I never knew there was generally medication that helps Hay Fever. I thought it was like the cold - ever changing.
There's a lot of different medicine out there. My mother suffers from it too which is how I knew to go to the doctor about it.
Your ridiculous sniffing on Skype would make anyone want to kill themselves.
You made me laugh which made me cough which made me sneeze. .|.
I suffer a mild form of it - watery eyes and sneezing more often than I normally do. It is slightly irritating, but I endure it until the heat comes and drives it away.
Antihistamine does work Smile Its a known fact. It reduces the irritation and swelling that occurs with all allergic reactions Smile I am allergic to bee/wasp stings, and I have an Epi-Pen and antihistamine tablets. If first the antihistamine doesn't stop the swelling, or I have been stung in a dangerous place (throat/neck for example) then I take my shot of pure adrenaline Big Grin Haven't had to do it yet, don't really fancy if Toungue

So, another thing we can take from this is adrenaline helps too Smile Try doing some skydiving, or road rage Smile That might help.
Pages: 1 2