MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is more a suggestion for 1.8 or 2.0 but ah well..

I would like to see a few more options for the custom profile fields.
Since you currently cant do certain things yet to my knowledge.

• Option to not require a [Short description] When creating the field.

If you use multiple custom profile fields in a table like way (not that that is yet possible read below post) it would be nice to be able to not show titles and descriptions since they only clutter things up. Yes i know you can change it underneath [usercp_profile_customfield] but that applies to all of them.

So it would be nice to have the option to not show them on the edit profile section.
  • Option to somehow change the arrangement (pull them out of the additional information box) in the [Edit profile] part under UserCP.

Currently you cant change anything with these. Trying to customize [usercp_profile_profilefields] template by re-aranging them is simply not possible.

The current code is:
<br />
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->additional_information}</strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%">
{$customfields} 
</table>
</fieldset>

But trying something like:

change {$customfields} to {$customfields["fidX']} has no affect. And there seems to be no option build in to allow you to rearange them or am i missing something.
And im talking about the input boxes not how it looks on the profile itself but how it looks underneath edit profile just to make that 100% clear
I decided to give this already quite old post a bump. Maybe somebody sees the use of it now Smile
Anori - I am using RateU's fantastic plugin for my profiles - I really hope this kind of functionality will be included in MyBB core.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=1271
(2012-07-20, 02:05 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Anori - I am using RateU's fantastic plugin for my profiles - I really hope this kind of functionality will be included in MyBB core.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=1271

Yup i am to :3 after you suggested it in a thread a long time ago. Still think its something that could be made into the core of the software so Smile
Even only
Quote:change {$customfields} to {$customfields["fidX']}

Would be a huge improvement. To let us rearrange the fields on the userCP edit profile section.
Decided to give this another bump, though i don't any longer expect something like this to be added to 1.8