MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add More Smilies (max limit?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've scoured the net looking for the answer, but no dice. I have 175 smilies some .png, some .gif. I used ACP to add them and changed the limit and rows, but now none show. I'm guessing I have to edit the php somewhere. Anyone know the answer to this one? Greatly appreciated.
You just need to edit smiley settings, the number of rows/columns of smiley to show. And not to mention, check if those smileys are checked to be shown inside the smiley setting tab on the left inside configuration page.
(2012-05-17, 03:52 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You just need to edit smiley settings, the number of rows/columns of smiley to show. And not to mention, check if those smileys are checked to be shown inside the smiley setting tab on the left inside configuration page.

Yes I did all this through mass edit, checked and ordered them all, not to mention renaming them. (saved of course) Then went to config and set max to 175 divided by 7 rows which should be 25 per row. No luck

Appreciate any further ideas if possible thx a lot

(2012-05-17, 04:04 AM)reaper75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-17, 03:52 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You just need to edit smiley settings, the number of rows/columns of smiley to show. And not to mention, check if those smileys are checked to be shown inside the smiley setting tab on the left inside configuration page.

Yes I did all this through mass edit, checked and ordered them all, not to mention renaming them. (saved of course) Then went to config and set max to 175 divided by 7 rows which should be 25 per row. No luck

Appreciate any further ideas if possible thx a lot

Ok got it. But even at 4 rows the text box is overlaying the smilies. How can I shift the text box to the right? I'd like to move it enough to go with the seven rows. Thx again to any and all ideas
Is there [get more] type of link below the smiles? Because if there are more smiles, it should show up there. And keep no more than max 3-4 rows or it would be cluttered and affect other areas as well.
(2012-05-17, 05:25 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Is there [get more] type of link below the smiles? Because if there are more smiles, it should show up there. And keep no more than max 3-4 rows or it would be cluttered and affect other areas as well.

No. No "get more" option on the smilies. They just all show up. At 4 rows, they are being overlayed by the text box. I don't understand. Frustrating.
Have you tried keeping only three rows to be shown?
(2012-05-17, 10:48 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried keeping only three rows to be shown?

Yes I did change it to that. It shows now without overlay by thread box, just an extensive and slightly awkward appearing list
I have the same problem, I just limit what is showed on the mini inserter so it doesn't underlap the post text field. Also I have had a problem getting some smilies to show up before, it was simply a url issue. As far as a limit... I have around 500 animated smilies... unfortunately when opening the main smilie inserter... ALL smilies are downloaded instead of in a page display (alphabetical order would be good) method... so that part sucks...