MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Connecting To Server And Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, so i want to download a plugin for my site but ive watched tutorials on youtube, and i got filezilla, it asks me for my Server Username Password and Host... wat is my host and server?? and what username and password do i use? for server i put Localhost for username i put my forum admin in for hsot i put in 3306 and it says could not connect to server.

WHAT DO I DO!!!!
Host is the IP or hostname such as mysql.domain.com.
Clients like filezilla are for connecting and browsing your files, in that case, its generally;

Hostname: ftp.yourdomain.com
username: same as your cPanel (in much cases)
password: same as your cPanel (in much cases).

And if you're asking about the details to connect to database which are stored inside inc/config.php then its:

hostname: localhost (in many cases)
username: same as your cPanel (mostly).
password: the password with which you login to PhpMyAdmin or if you did not changed it, it will be most probably same as your cPanel password.
(2012-05-17, 03:05 AM)Gumy15 Wrote: [ -> ]Right, so i want to download a plugin for my site but ive watched tutorials on youtube, and i got filezilla, it asks me for my Server Username Password and Host... wat is my host and server?? and what username and password do i use? for server i put Localhost for username i put my forum admin in for hsot i put in 3306 and it says could not connect to server.

WHAT DO I DO!!!!

Are you having domain and web-hosting accounts ? That is what you need to host your website in web.

In your web-hosting account you will find these details regarding ftp username and ftp password.(Port number may be optional)

If you want to have locally in your pc, you can directly install a webserver such as Wamp/Xamp and so you can work locally in your pc.