MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can anyone suggest the right plugins for me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to use mybb for my forum instsallation.
my requirements are,
  1. Thank you or like system ( I have the lugin for it)
  2. Boxes on sidebar on entire forum so that I can display whatever I want on those boxes
  3. Points mod that gives users points on basis of the posts or other activities they do on forum( i installed new points mod for this)
  4. I need shop plugin/mod where users can buy something on forum from the points they have earned on the forum, more of like say a user buys a membership tag if the user accumulates certain points and all that stuff( I can elaborate it )
  5. some arcade mod that enables users to play games on mybb and their results get stored in databases

can anyone tell em the mods/plugins that I will hve to install for the same?

P.S. if this is not the appropriate board to post the queries, kindly move the post to the appropriate board.
Just google all of them using the following format, e.g.;
Thank You Like System: MyBB

You'll receive all of those plugins from the mod database.
(2012-05-17, 02:57 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Just google all of them using the following format, e.g.;
Thank You Like System: MyBB

You'll receive all of those plugins from the mod database.

I have the likes plugin and the points plugin
I found them.
It would be appreciated if someone tells what other plugins I have to use (for which i posted above)
(2012-05-17, 03:27 PM)Xstrike Wrote: [ -> ]4. http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Re...ptions-1-1 (used with Newpoints)

the game mod is not working, don't know why Sad
But the new points plugin is just awesome
Smile

(2012-05-17, 03:27 PM)Xstrike Wrote: [ -> ]2. http://mods.mybb.com/view/sidebox (or try this)

Both of the options are good.
But the sidebox added by them is not universally shown on forums.
for example, I want to show the sidebox for all actions on the forum
any pointers?
(2012-05-17, 06:26 PM)testbear Wrote: [ -> ]But the sidebox added by them is not universally shown on forums.
any pointers?

By "for all actions" if you mean in forums/subforums then you can easily edit the forumdisplay template and edit the sideboxes on both sides.

Let me know if you meant this so I could provide you the code. Smile
(2012-05-26, 06:53 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-17, 06:26 PM)testbear Wrote: [ -> ]But the sidebox added by them is not universally shown on forums.
any pointers?

By "for all actions" if you mean in forums/subforums then you can easily edit the forumdisplay template and edit the sideboxes on both sides.

Let me know if you meant this so I could provide you the code. Smile

No, I meant like if I have a shop mod installed, I can see the sidebar for action=shop too.

I was told to edit the header template
http://community.mybb.com/thread-119061.html

I did and it is fine. it is jus that on resizing the window, the sidebars overlap with each other.

If you know any workaround with this, let me know.