MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apple-devs.com!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i am introducing to you a forum that has very recently launched for apple developers to get together and chat, or maybe your not a developer and you just want to chat about apple. This forum is very much still in its testing stage, i just want some feedback from people to see what they like/dislike what they would change/keep the same etc.

http://apple-devs.com

So let me know what you think, I would like to hear if you have any ideas to be implemented into the forum so yeah! Smile
Take a snippet of your background texture image and repeat it, so it covers the entire page. Look awful at the moment.
Is this an edited version of the verque theme?

It actualy looks good. Get some content started on it and it should go pretty well Smile
(2012-06-06, 11:59 AM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]Is this an edited version of the verque theme?

It actualy looks good. Get some content started on it and it should go pretty well Smile

Yes it is, and thanks Smile
Thought so Toungue Used to use it on my forum. I like what you have done so far. Not so fond on the new, no new and locked icons though.

But best of luck.
(2012-06-06, 12:03 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]Not so fond on the new, no new and locked icons though.

Ok, i will have a play around and see what else i can come up with. Thanks for the feedback!

(2012-06-06, 11:59 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Take a snippet of your background texture image and repeat it, so it covers the entire page. Look awful at the moment.

Done.

New Profile Layout:

[attachment=26469]
Domain: 7/10

Theme: 6/10
- to improve: change the use of black to a lighter shade of blue than the background.

Font Sizes: 6/10
- to improve: increase size, especially the smallest in use.

Logo: 5/10
- to improve: make it more relevant to the site's purpose - for example, it's obviously not about construction or drafting.

Navigation: 6/10
- to improve: lighten the blue used for hovering to better contrast with the dark background, and also use it to show the selected page.
(2012-06-06, 03:49 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Logo: 5/10
- to improve: make it more relevant to the site's purpose - for example, it's obviously not about construction or drafting.

well if you knew anything about apple development you would notice that they are the logo for xcode the official apple development package. And the other symbol is part of the default OSX application icon. :p
(2012-06-06, 08:04 PM)SmItH197 Wrote: [ -> ]well if you knew anything about apple development you would notice that they are the logo for xcode the official apple development package. And the other symbol is part of the default OSX application icon. :p
Thanks for schooling me on the OSX icon. Glad to learn something new from someone building an Apple related forum - as I'm in the market for a smartphone and am still deciding on which company and model to go with.

(2012-06-06, 03:49 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Domain: 7/10

Theme: 6/10
- to improve: change the use of black to a lighter shade of blue than the background.

Font Sizes: 6/10
- to improve: increase size, especially the smallest in use.

Logo: 5/10

Navigation: 6/10
- to improve: lighten the blue used for hovering to better contrast with the dark background, and also use it to show the selected page.
And you are quite welcome to the rest of the help that I freely offered. Hopefully you or any other MyBB member may benefit from it.
(2012-06-06, 08:04 PM)SmItH197 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 03:49 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Logo: 5/10

well if you knew anything about apple development you would notice that they are the logo for xcode the official apple development package. And the other symbol is part of the default OSX application icon. :p

That doesn't change the fact that it does not look good. You should try designing this with Apple's design flavour in mind -- and the HIG.