MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I added a new Sub-form, and I posted something in there, but I removed the entire sub-form now, therefore I lost everything on it, and I forgot to copy the post. I use HostGator as a host, and I believe that I have enabled automatic-backup, but now when I look through tutorials, they say that I have to have the backup? Why the hell would I download a bunch of files on my computer every week? I pay HostGator $8.95 a month, and they can't even provide me with an automatic rollback? Pfft.

Why does this show up in the CPanel? I assume it's just a bunch of stuff added to fill the layout of the page.

[Image: Vwvxn.png]
If they didn't made and you also didn't made it before your mistake you can't do anything. But i believe they have some backup old one week or more. Every host have that, it's just depends on them do they want to give you that.
Your picture seems like you have option to make it now nothing else.
I use hostgator baby account and had to pay for a backup when I made an error in configuration. I get an email each month that they had backed up my site and to click a link and then it takes me to the section that explains the terms. If you have a big site then you pay.. If you have the lowest service you pay.. stuck in the middle ...yes I paid $ 15.00 for it because I was dumb in not backing up as soon as I uploaded the account.
There's really no need to swear btw Smile

As for the actual problem, if you don't have a backup you'll just need to badger host gator for one, there's not a whole lot we can really do here...