MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Payment problem to godady and hostgator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-05-18, 07:30 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]People - don't slag off GoDaddy if you have absolutely no grounds to do so. It's a classic example of jumping on the bandwagon.

It's not jumping on the bandwagon if you've had an expierence with it yourself. I personally could barely navigate their domain control panel, having to go down three levels of navigation (with litterally hundreds of options to wade through and find the right one) just to change the name servers, and I was completely unable to find where to change the CNAME. I'm sure others in this thread have personally had bad experiences with them as well.

As for HostGator, I don't like them because, back when I was in to giving support here, there were numerous instances of people with HostGator having problems using MyBB, with issues that didn't come up with other hosts.
I have experiences with both Hostgator and Godaddy to justify my judgement, same as with Pixlr, we have a reason.
but then why hostgator is listed here http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827-p...#pid206720
Because some people do have good experiences with them. I just know that from experience they do overload some of their servers (or don't fix problems quickly enough IMO on all of them). With a host their size there is a good amount of luck since some servers are up forever and others are down every day.
(2012-05-19, 03:27 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]but then why hostgator is listed here http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827-p...#pid206720

Why are you choosing that one host from the list? Are they really still on PHP/SQL 4?
(2012-05-19, 06:06 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Are they really still on PHP/SQL 4?

That post was originally made in 2008 and they have been on there for a few years Wink.
some hosting provider gives free domain when you buy hosting service for month.
that can be the answer if you don't have credit card
I use hostgator and godaddy both of which I have been pleased with.
The only thing I really hate about godaddy is they spam your email and to op out there is a yearly fee for that.
Pages: 1 2