MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requests/Services/Jobs Forum Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-05-19, 02:50 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a premium theme, tell them what could be made better. If it's a service (installation, per se), you could review it. Requests, I don't see what you could say.

Thats the whole point of this post, Requests/Services/Jobs is NOT for giving opinions. I started this post after seeing that Paul_H replied to a post in that section asking members not to give criticism or opinions to the OP.
(2012-05-19, 02:50 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a premium theme, tell them what could be made better. If it's a service (installation, per se), you could review it. Requests, I don't see what you could say.

It's isn't called review section without a reason.Almost every premium theme thread ends with 4+ pages of useless conversations (like gj bro,keep it up and similar) and it gives unfair advantage over other threads aka free bumps to top.
Anyone is welcome to report their own thread and request that it be closed to stop replies. In most cases though people like the fact that their thread gets bumped to the top every time someone replies...

Also, to reiterate the R/S/J rules:
Quote:Rules for replying:
  • If the buyer has specified that offers must be either public or private you must obey their preference
  • No feedback or discussion other than offers or questions are allowed
  • Only make an offer if you are serious and able to fulfill your offer

It is true that often these rules are not enforced, and this is largely because team members don't often read threads in R/S/J during their ordinary browsing. Nonetheless anyone is welcome to report posts which violate these rules and the reports will be acted upon.

I think rules we have in place are sufficient (although I'm open to suggestions, but I don't think everyone wants all replies to be banned). If people are really frustrated by this problem then I think the best solution is for us to work together. If everyone is proactive in reporting posts, we'll enforce the R/S/J rules swiftly and to the word.
Pages: 1 2