MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Header Items from Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to remove the section I have outlined in green on my screenshot. I initially thought I could do this by creating a custom header template that omits the items I don't want, then including that in the "portal" template in place of the default header.

That doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
Thank you.

[attachment=26325]

I figured it out. Thanks!
Could you maybe tell how am wondering the same thing right now.
anori, there might be a better/easier way to do this, but here's what I did:

Go to your templates and open the one under headers that's just titled "header."
Copy and paste that text into Notepad (or wherever) and remove the parts that are colored red:

<div id="container"><a name="top" id="top"></a>
<div id="header">

<div id="panel">
{$welcomeblock}
</div>
</div>
<hr class="hidden" />
<br class="clear" />

<div id="content">
{$pm_notice}
{$bannedwarning}
{$bbclosedwarning}
{$unreadreports}
{$pending_joinrequests}
<navigation>
<br />

Now copy the rest, open the template that's just titled "portal" under the portal category. Find where it says {header} near the top and paste in your modified header code in its place. That's it!

Like I said, might not be the most ideal solution, but it's worked perfectly for me.
(2012-05-27, 04:08 AM)Adora Wrote: [ -> ]anori, there might be a better/easier way to do this, but here's what I did:

Go to your templates and open the one under headers that's just titled "header."
Copy and paste that text into Notepad (or wherever) and remove the parts that are colored red:

<div id="container"><a name="top" id="top"></a>
<div id="header">

<div id="panel">
{$welcomeblock}
</div>
</div>
<hr class="hidden" />
<br class="clear" />

<div id="content">
{$pm_notice}
{$bannedwarning}
{$bbclosedwarning}
{$unreadreports}
{$pending_joinrequests}
<navigation>
<br />

Now copy the rest, open the template that's just titled "portal" under the portal category. Find where it says {header} near the top and paste in your modified header code in its place. That's it!

Like I said, might not be the most ideal solution, but it's worked perfectly for me.

Hmm yeah that explains how you did it.. was more hoping for something like used the php in templates plugin. To just rule out:

{$welcomeblock}

Ah well manage to sort it out using this:

<?php
$homepage = "/index.php";
$currentpage = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
if($homepage!=$currentpage) {
echo "<div id='panel'>{$welcomeblock}</div>";
}
?>