MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Finity Blue Gaming Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: forum-community.png]

Finity Blue is a gaming forum. Although this new forum was opened on 15 Apr, 2012, we originally opened back in February of 2006 on an InvisionFree forum, and moved a couple of times since. The latest move from Xenforo has lost all of our previous data - though it's not a big deal, I'm not the type to hype over post count.

We're fairly laid back over at FBC. We started off as a Nintendo DS Wi-Fi clan and used to play games like Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters together regularly. We were somewhat well-known back in those days. But since those days are long gone, we've moved on and kind of hopped around a bit... from general forums, to entertainment... and now back to gaming.

At the moment I'm not really trying to advertise all that much - mostly just trying to get some discussions going and adding things here and there to the current theme.

I would appreciate some healthy feedback: how do the forums look? What would you change? Thanks for any helpful tips!

Also, since profiles aren't viewable for guests, here's a picture of what it looks like:
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6647/profilepicq.png

And finally the link:
You've removed Audentio's theme copywrite.. please put it back
(2012-05-19, 01:17 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]You've removed Audentio's theme copywrite.. please put it back

Thanks, I meant to make an image like the MyBB one. Temp text one is up.

EDIT: Looking for actual feedback instead of being openly backseat moderated. Anyone else? =)
(2012-05-19, 01:22 PM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-19, 01:17 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]You've removed Audentio's theme copywrite.. please put it back

Thanks, I meant to make an image like the MyBB one. Temp text one is up.

EDIT: Looking for actual feedback instead of being openly backseat moderated. Anyone else? =)
The showcase section is the wild west of the mybb forums. Everyone thinks they are the <snip> here. Back on topic. Nice theme, cant go wrong with Audentio, to bad you cant tell your story to guests because anytime I see very few members I think dead forum. Nice to see dwight in the background lol. Also interesting the only page you have is the forum page, I don't know if that is good or bad.
Domain name: 6/10
- no AKA should be needed or used; should be finity blue or infinite blue community.

Colors: 6/10
- not enough contrast, dark blues are too dark, light blues are not light enough.

Font: 6/10
- increase size to improve readability
- the lazy font style used for "finity blue" and elsewhere is unflattering and conflicts with the theme; the font for "register" is much better.

Graphics: 4/10
- the infinity graphic is unattractive, and its color conflicts with the theme; the light / medium blue used in the "Welcome guest!" bar would work much better. Same goes for the favicon.
- the gray pictured silhouettes in the lower left are aweful; replace with a blue scheme
Thanks guys, I'll work on a few of these things tonight. Yeah, the reason for the domain is because we lost our actual domain a few years back and someone else had nabbed it - so we got finityblue and kind of rolled with it. I suppose I should really just start calling it by the domain name and drop IBC... though I'm not sure how some of the regulars would feel about that.

Anyway, getting on some of this now, thanks again for the feedback.

Quote:- the infinity graphic is unattractive, and its color conflicts with the theme; the light / medium blue used in the "Welcome guest!" bar would work much better. Same goes for the favicon.
- the gray pictured silhouettes in the lower left are aweful; replace with a blue scheme
Yeah, the "unread" posts/off.png image is actually a lighter and nicer color. I'll see about getting the on.png changed to something more suiting.

- I'll change up that image as well. The one for the stats, right? I feel like that's a little out of place as well.
(2012-05-20, 03:38 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]- I'll change up that image as well. The one for the stats, right? I feel like that's a little out of place as well.
Yes. You're having trouble coordinating colors and styling throughout. Might want to consider pro help.
Gaming forums wil never succeed, haters swim@me.
Made some changes. You might need to refresh the page if you've seen the forum before.
Nice theme, you have a good start on content too Smile
Pages: 1 2