MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Looks Different in IE and GC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Google Chrome:

[Image: e62ef71f59017f4f305c8a48f24b21f4.png]
The image above Forum Stats is broken while on IE it isn't.

IE 9:
[Image: fe2dd6254aef4abbda012386b8716f72.png]
Color's different.

Forum Stats isn't curved like my forum and tabs how would I make everything on my forum curved?
This is not an issue of the forum software itself but with the theme you are using. The author obviously used some non-standard CSS. The shadowed font in the stats and also the rounded corners are not supported in IE.
The missing image might be an issue with capital letters either in the filename of the image or in the URL to the image in the template. IE ignores this but other browsers make a difference between B and b
Stuff like this:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php" style="text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #000000; cursor:default;">
is supported in IE*. so maybe edit your theme templates or global.css and change whatever he/she used for styling and modify it to a text-shadow derivative. w3schools has some helpful info on it.
If you provide a site link I might be able to use firebug to locate the string that needs to be changed... and you could search for it in your theme templates/css and fix it yourself.

EDIT:
*I was wrong.. sorry. Had a brain lapse.
(2012-05-19, 07:53 PM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]Stuff like this:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php" style="text-shadow: 0 0 0.2em #000000; cursor:default;">
is supported in IE. so maybe edit your theme templates or global.css and change whatever he/she used for styling and modify it to a text-shadow derivative. w3schools has some helpful info on it.
If you provide a site link I might be able to use firebug to locate the string that needs to be changed... and you could search for it in your theme templates/css and fix it yourself.
My forum is http://tstk.net please notify me of any things that need to be changed. The forum isn't exactly open to members yet so do not judge me by how ugly some things may be lol. The guy who made my theme said he'll do w3c validation for $8 an hour but i don't even know what that is. Is it a good deal?
Yes F that crap.. he should have done a better job making your theme... if you paid him and terms where for a cross-browser compatible theme then get a refund.. if someone were a scammer, they would do a crap theme and offer a service to fix it.. lol.*

Most of the changes need to be made I think in the templates instead of Global.css
the yellow funky gif text code
<span style="color: yellow;text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px black; background: transparent url(http://i.imgur.com/7F70N.gif);"><span>
right off the bat, "http://i.imgur.com/7F70N.gif".. I would NOT recommend hosting important site image content on any site other than your own webhost... that's bad news imo.

the white font with black shadow:
<span style="color: white;text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px black;"></span>

They're all incline styling so they're probably located in the templates so ADIM CP>Templates>Your THEME>edit all those templates

Far as I can tell other than the offsite image url... they should work in the updated IE.. but if you're using an outdated browser then yes... you'll have issues. IMO you should fix that img url to be on your host server.

Edit:
*after looking through it.. I realized I f'd up.. IE does not currently support the text shadow... AGH! and the theme template maker may have done a good job! Simply state in a popup that your site is best used on "X" browser or browsers. and change the font color for those user names. They'll show up but without the fancy shadows and images.
(2012-05-19, 08:15 PM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]Yes F that crap.. he should have done a better job making your theme... if you paid him and terms where for a cross-browser compatible theme then get a refund.. if someone were a scammer, they would do a crap theme and offer a service to fix it.. lol.*

Most of the changes need to be made I think in the templates instead of Global.css
the yellow funky gif text code
<span style="color: yellow;text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px black; background: transparent url(http://i.imgur.com/7F70N.gif);"><span>
right off the bat, "http://i.imgur.com/7F70N.gif".. I would NOT recommend hosting important site image content on any site other than your own webhost... that's bad news imo.

the white font with black shadow:
<span style="color: white;text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px black;"></span>

They're all incline styling so they're probably located in the templates so ADIM CP>Templates>Your THEME>edit all those templates

Far as I can tell other than the offsite image url... they should work in the updated IE.. but if you're using an outdated browser then yes... you'll have issues. IMO you should fix that img url to be on your host server.

Edit:
*after looking through it.. I realized I f'd up.. IE does not currently support the text shadow... AGH! and the theme template maker may have done a good job! Simply state in a popup that your site is best used on "X" browser or browsers. and change the font color for those user names. They'll show up but without the fancy shadows and images.

Okay I uploaded the gif to my cpanel (images/theme/7f70n.gif) if that's what you meant. And I'm not sure what you mean about the other stuff.