MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just seen this site http://glowhost.com/script_hosting/vbulletin.html offering free vbuletin if you go on there $14 a month hosting plan what you think?
1. This is not vBulletin
2. 1 applies.
3. 2 applies.
He's just asking what we think of that deal. ^
I think the fact that it's pre-installed means you can't bring it with you. And, since they need a tactic like this both this host and vB must be desperate Toungue.

Besides I prefer MyBB anyway and it's free with all hosts.

Edit: And, you must pay for a year to get it so either way your basically paying the same amount as you would for vB up front.
it says u can install it yourself and you can pay it monthly insted of all upfront
People who own hosting sites, can now organise/ come to an agreement with
forum software owners.

This guys obviously is paying vBulletin monthly for monthly licenses. I think this is totally
unreliable as he could shut down at any minute and take your site down with him.
(2012-05-19, 10:56 PM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]it says u can install it yourself and you can pay it monthly insted of all upfront

Quote:What does it take to get a free license and install?
We provide a free vBulletin license and free installation services on our Professional Shared Hosting package, Semi-Dedicated or Reseller Hosting package with a 12, 24 or 36 month pre-pay.
I think I would rather pay $9 a month for hosting and use MyBB.
Order from crappy-looking host, receive crappy forum software. I fail to see the excitement.
I think if someone preferred VB, they wouldn't be reading this thread to begin with.