MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPortal - MyBB Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Huh. So maybe the curse will be lifted...
Thanks. I'm looking forward to this.
Yes, thanks. I am keeping an eye on this project.
Started work on this, hopefully within a couple of weeks I will have some screenshots if not the first release.
(2012-07-23, 10:52 AM)Steve Moore Wrote: [ -> ]Started work on this, hopefully within a couple of weeks I will have some screenshots if not the first release.

No rush but

Yay! Big Grin
Figured a few screenshots of the settings would show I'm progressing on this.

[attachment=26907] [attachment=26908]
From a thread a while ago asking for suggestions:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-118896-...59403.html

My post:
Quote:Hmm well here goes some suggestions:
  • Option to make the portal the default landing page.
  • Option to create custom blocks with your own HTML code (also the option for PHP code there would be kinda nice).
  • Option to rearrange the blocks on your portal to the way you like.
  • Some sort of API support so other people can write custom blocks/modules easily for the portal plugin.
  • A set of default portal blocks some that in my opinion should be included are:
    1. Calendar
    2. Ah block that grabs all the announcements from all the individual forums
    3. etc. (See Leefish list. Has pretty much everything i would like to see)
  • The option to limit the number of characters/words of a announcement on the portal. And when there are more words/characters a Read More button at the bottom.
  • Option to use a different stylesheet for the portal only.

There are probably a few other things, will update if something springs to mind. But those are a few options i would love to see. Not all are necessary but just a few suggestions i guess.

Keep in mind this were only suggestions so just decided to copy it. And looking at the screenshot a lot of these are already in your mind to be implemented to so Smile

Also Leefish had some good suggestions:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-118896-...#pid859403

Also so far the screenshots show some great features Smile
(2012-07-23, 01:56 PM)Steve Moore Wrote: [ -> ]Figured a few screenshots of the settings would show I'm progressing on this.

Looks to be a good start!
I should have a working preview on my site in another hour. So far I have it set to be used within the same directory as the forum or in the root with the forum in another directory. Renaming index.php to forum.php will allow the portal to load by default.

The way XenPorta does things is a bit much, I intend to use a layout feature for the admin area to move modules around and create new layouts, import them. Modules will have an import feature as well as an export feature.
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to that preview!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6