MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tazfan Wrote:can you tell me the emails you have on your phpBB2 fourm and the one on your mybb fourm plz copy and pasted if form the acp on each sofware you can me this if you want so others can not see it if you wish

Tazfan

Hi thank very much for replying, the emails are EXACTLY the same on phpBB2 as they are on MyBB, I have a 'Catch All' email account that should send anything sent to me from [email protected] as that is the way I have it set up in phpBB2,I have even gone back to my phpBB2 ACP and tried a different email and again it works, but not on MyBB I have even un-installed it and tried again but it's still the same I only have 30 minutes to fix it until I have to default back to phpBB2, which I would prefer not to as I hate it!!
Thanks

Joe
ok so if the emails are the same and its not working you are on a windows sever if you can get your host to change you over to a Linux sever this should sort out this problem you host should do this for free or if you cant change to a Linux sever then pm Chris Boulton on the sofware that the host has to add to there severs for mybb emails to work on your sever

hope this helps and hope you can get away from phpbb2 just like i did lol

and i am never going back to that ever again

mybb rocks
Tazfan Wrote:ok so if the emails are the same and its not working you are on a windows sever if you can get your host to change you over to a Linux sever this should sort out this problem you host should do this for free or if you cant change to a Linux sever then pm Chris Boulton on the sofware that the host has to add to there severs for mybb emails to work on your sever

hope this helps and hope you can get away from phpbb2 just like i did lol

and i am never going back to that ever again

mybb rocks

LOL
Thanks a lot for that but I think I'll have to let my members use phpBB2 as the forum as been closed for modifications for the past 5 weeks and they want to get back into it, I can't keep both running for reasons that would take me too long to explain.

Not to worry, it was fun using it, and can I thank all of you for your prompt replies, when I had problems with phpBB2 I found I was waiting days for replies or my posts were deleted just because I had posted in the wrong forum, that's easily done when you have a problem and need an answer quick!

Ah well 20 minutes before MyBB gets a decent burial.

Thanks again

Joe
no prob mate hope to see you a round here somtime when you can get a new host and then you run mybb and by then mybb is going to be better then it is at the mo lol

ps i have sent you a pm with my email so you can ask me about hosts that will run mybb LOL when you can

cheers again Tazfan
Hi there,

I have found out that my forum is hosted on windows 2003 can someone tell me for sure if myBB can be run on window 2003.

I would love to re-install it as I hate phpBB2 but I ahve been told that while I have a host that runs on windows 2003 I will never get my emails to work on it, everything else is working fine and I would really love to give it another go, I have tried to contact the developer without any luck as I can't find his email address within the short time I have available to look

So if there is anyone running MyBB on window could you please reply.

Thanks

Joe
MyBB runs perfectly fine on Windows 2003. My primary development server runs Windows 2003.

To make sure mail is configured you need to make sure the server has an SMTP service installed and that SMTP service is listed in the php configuration file.

For further information see the PHP manual on mail: http://au2.php.net/mail
Chris Boulton Wrote:MyBB runs perfectly fine on Windows 2003. My primary development server runs Windows 2003.

To make sure mail is configured you need to make sure the server has an SMTP service installed and that SMTP service is listed in the php configuration file.

For further information see the PHP manual on mail: http://au2.php.net/mail

WOW thanks a lot Chris I have tried everything in the book to get it to work as you can see from my post above, I am far too tired now but by god I will have a go first thing tomorrow Chris, what a quick reply unbelievable!

Thanks again Chris your my hero, I bow as I leave the forum Big Grin

Joe
Hi there,
"To make sure mail is configured you need to make sure the server has an SMTP service installed and that SMTP service is listed in the php configuration file".
I have re-installed myBB my server does have SMTP installed as I use it on phpBB2 on another forum within the same domain/webspace that I have and that is working fine.

I have read the link that Chris kindly posted but it's way over my head as I have only just got to grips with understanding phpBB2.
I have checked every one of my folders and files within the MyBB directory and I can't see a single reference to mail.

Could you tell me the name of the "php configuration file" as I can't find any reference to that one either.

It may just be me I just don't know, it says the mail has been sent but I never get them, god know where they are ending up!

Thanks for all you help, I'll get this right if it kills me as whenever I look at phpBB2 it makes me feel sick!
UPDATE I now know my host address for emails is localhost or port 25 does that mean anything to anyone?
Thanks

Joe
Tazfan Wrote:can you tell me the emails you have on your phpBB2 fourm and the one on your mybb fourm plz copy and pasted if form the acp on each sofware you can me this if you want so others can not see it if you wish

Tazfan

Hi TazFan I have done a complete install of mybb but still cannot get it to send or rather I can't receive any emails that I send from mybb, I have created a new user using a different email address but it's still the same.

When I try to use the import.phpbb2.php all I get is the following error message:-

Selected Import Job doesn´t exist, please recheck your Selection

To other members Tazfan has been trying to sort this problem out for me via countless pm's but I still have the same problem.
I am running mybb on a windows 2003 server but I ahve been assured by the programmer that mybb will work fine on a windows server, which it does except the email.

Is there anything else anyone can suggest to give TazFan a rest!

Thanks

Joe
I have tried to use the importphpbb2.php but all I get is the following error message:-

Selected Import Job doesn´t exist, please recheck your Selection

This is despite a complete re-install of mybb.

I ahve had a lot of help from members via pm but none of them have helped is there anything else I can try?

Thanks a lot

Joe
Pages: 1 2