MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i fix small issue with usercp on my theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok basically as you can see here
[Image: dojhj.png]

the images are overlapping text on the left side
[Image: GOaGj.png]

how do i fix this?

if possible dont just tell me what to change but instead explain what caused it and how i can fix it Big Grin thats how i learn.

oh yh domain is forgottencoders[dot]co.uk
Look in your usercp css.
By looking at the page elements in firebug you can see which class is applied to that element. It SHOULD have a padding or margin on it.
If in doubt copy it from the default css of the user cp and change the image url.
yep i tried that but i couldn't find any padding or margin which changed the right area when edited. firebug is so amazing Big Grin.

i will try restoring default css

ok fixed it thanks leefish. although yaldarams tutorial here causes more problems than it fixes.

http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=4736

as the problem was the usercp css was being overwrite with the modcp css and therefore changing the padding.
Regarding editing css files etc for page load: I don't load my usercp css except on usercp. Otherwise I am loading a ton of unneeded stuff (images especially) to the guests. By the time your user reaches the userCP most of the js is primed in their browser so a css sheet is hardly gonna break the bank re page load. UserCP would be much improved by use of a sprite sheet though as that is the big win (IMO).

I DID combine my showthread css with my global css as showthread is pretty small and I only use the subscribe function in templates and css. I also do not use ratings anywhere EXCEPT on the games section so I moved that to the games.php instead of having it global.
(2012-05-20, 07:51 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding editing css files etc for page load: I don't load my usercp css except on usercp. Otherwise I am loading a ton of unneeded stuff (images especially) to the guests. By the time your user reaches the userCP most of the js is primed in their browser so a css sheet is hardly gonna break the bank re page load. UserCP would be much improved by use of a sprite sheet though as that is the big win (IMO).

I DID combine my showthread css with my global css as showthread is pretty small and I only use the subscribe function in templates and css. I also do not use ratings anywhere EXCEPT on the games section so I moved that to the games.php instead of having it global.

sprites sheets would be cool how easy would it be to make that though surely not complicated? just time consuming

your site is awesome. how did you create that download system? i presume xthreads? as i remember reading your comments on the xthreads forum Big Grin. i have been stalking you Toungue nah just reading the same things i guess.

also you must have spent alot of time on your site i mean it doesnt even look like mybb or a forum Big Grin
Thank you for the comment on leefish - I tried hard and it took me a long time - when I started I did not even know how to make a table in HTML....

Yes, the downloads system is XThreads, but really, though leefish is something I am pretty proud of, if you want AWESOME then I recommend http://rctgo.com/ That is the last word in customising MYBB for a downloads site IMO. Maybe one day leefish might look a bit like that... Big Grin
(2012-05-20, 09:17 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the comment on leefish - I tried hard and it took me a long time - when I started I did not even know how to make a table in HTML....

Yes, the downloads system is XThreads, but really, though leefish is something I am pretty proud of, if you want AWESOME then I recommend http://rctgo.com/ That is the last word in customising MYBB for a downloads site IMO. Maybe one day leefish might look a bit like that... Big Grin

well i am trying to learn more advanced html, php and css but dont really know any decent guides etc. and RCTgo looks awesome are u sure thats using mybb? EDIT: just seen powered by mybb on the forums page.

(2012-05-20, 09:17 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding editing css files etc for page load: I don't load my usercp css except on usercp. Otherwise I am loading a ton of unneeded stuff (images especially) to the guests. By the time your user reaches the userCP most of the js is primed in their browser so a css sheet is hardly gonna break the bank re page load. UserCP would be much improved by use of a sprite sheet though as that is the big win (IMO)

how do you do that? or is that automatic?
I just assigned it in manage stylesheets properties.
(2012-05-22, 01:16 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I just assigned it in manage stylesheets properties.

oh yeah, i didn't even know you could do that Big Grin. thanks again