MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: questions before making a site.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay hey guys I will be making a MyBB forum and I want to know. Is there any problems with rep/logging/rating/reporting when making a BB forum? I want to know if there's any and if you guys can give me a few simple fixes for them. Like if the rep's broken or the logging in/out doesn't work. Thanks ahead of time.
There shouldn't be any of those problems, however some can be from themes being broken in which case you'll have to paste the contents of the template files we ask, and then anyone can help you fix them.

Each support questions is normally on a case-by-case base since not everyone is running the same setup of plugins, themes, etc.
(2012-05-20, 11:26 PM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]There shouldn't be any of those problems, however some can be from themes being broken in which case you'll have to paste the contents of the template files we ask, and then anyone can help you fix them.

Each support questions is normally on a case-by-case base since not everyone is running the same setup of plugins, themes, etc.

Yes I understand that but My main concern is that if i do start a new forum and it's a MyBB then if the rep breaks or something what could be some simple steps to fix it?
It all depends on your theme, since each theme can and may use a different way of styling that reputation area which might be the cause of the problem.
Okay... So what if I used the theme Dazzling and it's broken? What should I do? I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I make it and figure out that I messed something up.
What part of the reputation system is broken? The ability to give them, view them, add/delete them, what?
This is kinda of a backwards support approach.. really since each issue usually has specific circumstances, there's no one thing fix all method for all those concerns.

If troubleshooting installed themes needs to be a minimum I recommend reading the reviews and posts on the most popular themes and pick one you like that has the most author support and positive reviews.

So long as you regularly backup your database and site you can usually EASILY restore any catastrophic issues or mistakes you may make when making changes.

As with anything else, experience / practice makes better so I recommend to just DIVE in and get things going, and when you have an issue you can't figure out on your own or from using the search function here, then post.
The nice thing about MyBB besides it being awesome forum software, is THIS community forum.
I mean you make one post and in less than 5 minutes there's over 100 views, and usually a reply if the member wants to help.

Usually new members get help right away when there is a current SPECIFIC problem you need help with. But future troubleshooting without actually having an issue yet... well.. I would read up on any possible issues that may happen via the search option and then IF things go wrong... I'd make a post.

A lot of issues are caused by a combinations of hosting limitations, plugins installed, theme used, changes you may make, etc.. all in all.. you really don't have much to worry about.

Enjoy the forum software and have fun, go at it! Smile