MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Who's been online today"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the "Who's Online" plugin but cannot find the "Who *HAS* been online today" plugin. I know there must be one because I have seen some mybb forums with it. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/online-today-1.2.2

Just upload that and install it and your done.
It isn't compatible with my version. I have 1.6.6. Wonder if it's even compatible with 1.6.7

Every time I try to upgrade mybb to the newest version I screw something up, or several plugins no longer work and usually both. Arrrg!
Edit the file and change the compatible from 14* to 16* and then re-upload it.
What can I use to open the file? I keep getting a message saying Windows cannot open the file etc.
Use a text editor such as Notepad++ or even Notepad would do.
When I try to save it it only wants to let me save it as a .txt file and even then will allow me to save it in the folder where it is. Wants to force me to save it in my Documents folder and the zip file is not even saved there it's in my "MyBB Plugins" folder. Silly thing is fighting me tooth and nail.

I just extracted the files to try it that way and it would have allowed me to save it back to its own folder this time, but it gave me a message saying it was set to read only.
Get Notepad ++. Install it. Download the Online Today plugin to your pc (not forum). Extract, open plugin file with Notepad ++. Change compatibility line, save.

Upload changed file and language file to forum. Via FTP if you like. I would let you have mine but I edited it.
I did all that. I found two files that had the compatibility lines. One of the files allowed me to edit that line but one of the files would not allow editing.

If the file I edited is sufficient, now I cannot figure out what files to upload. The red box on the left is the files on my desktop containing the one file I was able to edit. It's Online_Today>inc>plugins>onlinetoday.php if that's the file I upload (and it has to be it's the only one I could edit to reflect 1.6*) where do I move it to on my server in the red box on the right? And where do I move the language file on the right side?

I've been using plugin uploader to upload plugins and it uploads via the zip file, but since I had to unzip this pluging to try and edit it I cannot use plugin uploader. I sure wish ranjani had not disappeared. Hope she's okay.

[attachment=26347]
Ok, so all you need is a zip of that plugin and you are good to go? I usually unrar/unzip using winrar. I will dl it and change the line and then upload it for you here. Let me know once you have it.
Pages: 1 2