MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Niche?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to start a forum, I'm able to get a good theme and paid plugins and stuff, but I'm just wondering what a good niche would be. Like what type of forum would you guys want to join? All suggestions are appreciated.
If someone knew a good niche; they wouldn't tell you. They would be busy making a forum around it. You need to think of one yourself mate.
Picking the lint off of suits. Honestly I haven't seen one forum about that. Purely unique.
I'd love to a see a forum with a niche that the owner has knowledge and interest in. I wouldn't look twice at it otherwise.
(2012-05-21, 06:30 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to a see a forum with a niche that the owner has knowledge and interest in. I wouldn't look twice at it otherwise.

Yep I agree, no good having a niche if you don't have the knowledge and a big interest about the subject matter.

Find something you're interested in first then define it a bit further. If you are into Dogs go for the one breed you are interested in and do lots and lots of research about it. Google and Wikpidea are a great help for knowledge, and a Google Alert on your subject is a great source of news.
You should make a forum on ring binder folders, or maybe chairs. I have yet to see a forum on either of those Smile
Link your forum to something you like doing.
I like travelling, I watch too much anime and I'm learning Japanese so I made a forum about that !
If you own a yacht and like fishing in your spare time, why not make a sea-fishing forum or boat-owner community.
Look at games, pick a game independently. For example, Lord of the rings online
or league of legends seems to be a popular download niche.

Maybe revolve your forum around them!
1. the niche you love the most
2. the niche you know a lot about
3. the niche you could write on for years

Get these 3 combined and you get your dream niche Smile