MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is Google responsible for YouTube in every aspect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I was arguing with a guy, he was saying that sulake was a separte company with habbo and that habbo did his own thing and sulake just financiated the project, he put me as an example youtube and google and how they are different companies even though youtube was bought by google. I always thought and believed that google was the responsible of youtube in every aspect ( employees, etc) and keeps making sense to me, but I'm an ignorant on the subject. I kept insisting without being sure.. another guy joined the conversation stating the same as the guy I was talking to, therefore I gave in.. without being 100% sure and I hate that

So yeah I'm here now trying to get the facts. Can somone explain this to me?? Thanks

Also we were disccuting about Sulake and Habbo, and I got this fact:

Sampo Karjalainen is one of the original founders of Sulake and Habbo Hotel. Thefore sulake is 100% responsible for Habbo and their directive, right?
To my understanding, since 2006, google fully operates YouTube. It manages it's marketing and employees. For example, Wikipedia quotes a GOOGLE employee explaining the new website design not a YOUTUBE employee Smile
Yes, Google is responsible for YouTube - although not always for the content that appears on it (sometimes, depends which country the lawsuit is in, it's the responsibility of the user).
...and Habbo is owned by Sulake. Habbo is not a company, it's the game name, which is owned by Sulake, the company.

For example, Runescape and Jagex, or World of Warcraft and Blizzard.
(2012-05-21, 07:42 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]To my understanding, since 2006, google fully operates YouTube. It manages it's marketing and employees. For example, Wikipedia quotes a GOOGLE employee explaining the new website design not a YOUTUBE employee Smile
Ever since then Youtube went quite downhill Big Grin