MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Third party integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really would like to see some more possibilities to integrates mybb into existing websites trough an API/webservice. It would really boost the level of code quality when trying to integrate the forum into an existing website with existing login/registration functionality.

ps. some time ago I used the contact form on the mybb site to get in touch to participate as an developer/beta tester but I never had a reply. Did something went wrong?
(2012-05-21, 06:26 AM)sjoerdmaessen Wrote: [ -> ]I really would like to see some more possibilities to integrates mybb into existing websites trough an API/webservice. It would really boost the level of code quality when trying to integrate the forum into an existing website with existing login/registration functionality.

MyBB 2.0 will have an API which will make integration easier. Wink

(2012-05-21, 06:26 AM)sjoerdmaessen Wrote: [ -> ]ps. some time ago I used the contact form on the mybb site to get in touch to participate as an developer/beta tester but I never had a reply. Did something went wrong?

If you haven't recieved a reply the message either didn't get through or it was some how missed. You can try the contact form again, or if you PM me your application I'd be happy to pass it along for you. Smile
Thank you for the reply, well 2.0 will take some time to come out I suspect so for now I will write my own code to connect.

I didn't wrote any new code or improvements yet. So this is the first step I have to take?
(2012-05-21, 10:35 AM)sjoerdmaessen Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't wrote any new code or improvements yet. So this is the first step I have to take?

Contacting us with your application is the first step, yes. We'll be moving to Github for 1.8 so whether you're accepted or not you'll still be able to contribute your own patches and improvements. Smile