MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to set the only forum as home?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My community has only one forum. Yes! One single forum. You know, if there is only one forum under the only one category in the forum home page, it seems some miserable, or ancient before Christ. So I want to let the forum home directly display the threads listing of the only forum. How to set?
Thanks!
Guess you could premanently redirect the users to the one forum. Using htaccess redirect.
Add to .htaccess:

DirectoryIndex forumdisplay.php?fid=2 index.php index.html index.htm
(2012-05-21, 09:25 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Add to .htaccess:

DirectoryIndex forumdisplay.php?fid=2 index.php index.html index.htm

Wouldnt he also need to do a 301 redirect on the index/ forumdisplay 1? So it cant be accessed anymore?
It depends on how his forum is setup. There are different techniques he could use, and that's one of them.
(2012-05-21, 10:03 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on how his forum is setup. There are different techniques he could use, and that's one of them.

I don't want to redirect, but the real replacement of index.php by forumdisplay.php?fid=1. And no any category at all.

A sample forum:
http://www.mebes.net/
I would like to do the same... or something similar. Maybe I will create more than one forum in the future, but even then, I don't think I need categories at all. It would be nice if I could just create a Forum (not a Category) with it's parent set to "None". Is there an easy way to achieve this?