MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lock a members rep.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am curious as to how I would go about locking only the selected uid's of members reps. Meaning they cannot receive rep. I would really love to know how to do this. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
As far as i know, this is not core functionality, but i could make a plugin for you if you'd like Big Grin

Or you could make another usergroup that doesn't have permissions to use reputation and just move them to it.
(2012-05-21, 11:00 PM)Dark Entities Wrote: [ -> ]As far as i know, this is not core functionality, but i could make a plugin for you if you'd like Big Grin

Or you could make another usergroup that doesn't have permissions to use reputation and just move them to it.

The thing about that is there is still ways to goto the persons rep although its disabled. I currently do have it disabled for staff, admins, and mods. However people are still repping staff, because there is exploits to go about repping although its disabled that is why I am asking how to lock members. Would you charge to make the plugin, and how much?
You mean banning certain members not able to give reputations to all or just staff and admins?

And FYI make sure you've permissions set correctly. There are two perms for rep disabling as far as I believe. One is showing/disabling to show up reputation but user could still be able to rep with reputation link. Other setting completely disables reputation. An inbuilt example would be of banned members, if you try to add a rep to them, it'd throw you an error.
(2012-05-21, 11:14 PM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]The thing about that is there is still ways to goto the persons rep although its disabled. I currently do have it disabled for staff, admins, and mods. However people are still repping staff, because there is exploits to go about repping although its disabled that is why I am asking how to lock members. Would you charge to make the plugin, and how much?

I wouldn't call that an exploit. More of a bug.

That is fixed in MyBB 1.6.8. See: [Revision: 5802].
(2012-05-22, 09:05 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You mean banning certain members not able to give reputations to all or just staff and admins?

And FYI make sure you've permissions set correctly. There are two perms for rep disabling as far as I believe. One is showing/disabling to show up reputation but user could still be able to rep with reputation link. Other setting completely disables reputation. An inbuilt example would be of banned members, if you try to add a rep to them, it'd throw you an error.

I have it setup all fine.

(2012-05-22, 09:11 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-21, 11:14 PM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]The thing about that is there is still ways to goto the persons rep although its disabled. I currently do have it disabled for staff, admins, and mods. However people are still repping staff, because there is exploits to go about repping although its disabled that is why I am asking how to lock members. Would you charge to make the plugin, and how much?

I wouldn't call that an exploit. More of a bug.

That is fixed in MyBB 1.6.8. See: [Revision: 5802].

Sounds great, and yeah I agree it is more of a bug than an exploit.