MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: History of MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Where I can learn more about MyBB history. How it all began, how the old versions were looked like, download MyBB 1.0 for example, etc?
I remember even the earliest versions looking somewhat similar to how things look now. I thought I recall the profile information being atop each post rather than to the left, but perhaps that was a custom mod.
oh my, on this screenshot [Image: attachment.php?aid=327]

I had to lol at the page generation time.
Ah, good times, it seems seeing above screenshot. Is it only me but I feel above screenshot had a little taste of vB default theme of old time as well? Smile
The screen shot must be an RC, right? Wouldn't the team update the copyright to 2005 in the PR releases?
(2012-05-22, 05:45 PM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]The screen shot must be an RC, right? Wouldn't the team update the copyright to 2005 in the PR releases?

Yes, RC4. Smile
(2012-05-22, 05:51 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-22, 05:45 PM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]The screen shot must be an RC, right? Wouldn't the team update the copyright to 2005 in the PR releases?

Yes, RC4. Smile

Two questions: 1. Was that the default theme? 2. If it was the default theme what's with the "Gold?"
That screenshot reminds me of vBulletin. Now I feel sick.
1. It was indeed the default theme.

2. MyBB 1.0.0 was a "Gold release". As was MyBB 1.6.0 when it was released - MyBB 1.6 Gold. Basically symbolising a new era of MyBB. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6