MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: only access for loged in members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am starting a forum. (New)

I am going to have forum on the root. And i want to have a self hosted script, where you can upload images, on mysite.com/Upload

But i only want loged in members, from the forum can access that site, how is that possible? It's on same host, i've seen hackforums.net has done it
I don't know how secure this will be in terms of vulnerabilities but I'll code up a Plugin.
Why would you offer a plugin when you say you won't know how secure it will be...?

And if you already know how to make the upload script, just include mybb's global.php and use the $mybb->user array.
Dark Entities the fact being that even if he does make a image hosting website then anyone can try to spoof their file through a .jpg file and exploit the server. That is the only thing that worries me.
(2012-05-30, 05:30 AM)Mordalum Wrote: [ -> ]Dark Entities the fact being that even if he does make a image hosting website then anyone can try to spoof their file through a .jpg file and exploit the server. That is the only thing that worries me.

I've seen other sites have this self made plugin, but none of them release restrict access.
there is a api out now, anyone know how to use it for that then!?!?!??!?!?