MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 on registration activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

I love my myBB forum so far but today I was gonig to create a test user and noticed that in my email I get 2 links...

the top one that enters the code automatically for you does not work... When I click it i just get a 404 page D:

The bottom one works so I can enter in the activation code manually but I dont want only that one to work!!

This is an emergency! D:

what to do?
Think you might have a bad install of myBB. If you have not gone far with the forum so far I would suggest deleting the files and database and re uploading it. That should work and is the only option I know of.
(2012-05-22, 07:23 PM)WarStopper Wrote: [ -> ]Think you might have a bad install of myBB. If you have not gone far with the forum so far I would suggest deleting the files and database and re uploading it. That should work and is the only option I know of.

I have come pretty far with my installation and I really do not wanna re-install the whole thing D:

I doubt that its a bad installation. I downloaded it directly here from the site and done everything according to the tuts... What files is it that handles this? Cant I just replace those instead?
A 404 would point towards a missing file... I am not great with the back end of myBB but will try and find it on my forum Smile
It is member.php file which does exists. I found it and tried to re-upload it which did not solve my issue.

Also if the file were missing / inaccessible it would not allow the manual registration.
Go to your /install directory and update/fix the package. That might work.
all you need to do is just rewrite the files and update, instead of install.
Please be more specific?

Shall I redownload myBB and then re-insert the install directory on my server?

And define update? Update the forum? the link? the registration?
yes download again, but if there is an update do it.
did download inst re-insert the install folder... Still got the same problem.

Also I were already on the latest version
Pages: 1 2