MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Almost 100 queries on index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm really worried about my forums securities as I almost (sometimes) reach 100 queries on the index page. This is my plugin list. I'm really worry that those queries could put in risk my forum's security.. Is there anyway to lower those?

PS: Sorry if posted on wrong forum, I'm not sure if I needed to post this on general support.

This is my plugin list (Reviewed them all and they are all necessary for the looks/funcionatily of my forumToungue)

Mostrar Avatar en Temas y Foros (2.2) by Dark Neo

Default Avatar (1.0) by Santiago Dimattia

Forum Icons (3.0) Jesse Labrocca

Fit on Page (2.3) by - G33K -

Game Section (1.2.1) by Paretje

Google SEO (1.6.3) by Andreas Klauer

My Awards (2.2) by Jesse Labrocca

My Advertisements (2.0.3) by Pirata Nervo

MyNetwork (1.1.2) by Tomm M

OUGC Announcement Bars (1.0) Omar Gonzalez

Template Conditionals (1.5) ZiNgA BuRgA

Tabbed Menu (2.0.2) Jesse Labrocca

XThreads v1.53,

Your Side Bar (0.1) Yaldaram
one or more of those plugins is bad. I have 40+ plugins on my site and my index is 27 queries and its a big board with a ton of forums
(2012-05-22, 11:00 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]one or more of those plugins is bad. I have 40+ plugins on my site and my index is 27 queries and its a big board with a ton of forums

Damn can't even think of one in the list they all see very minimalist.. and the most advaced like mynetwork and xThreads are made by myBB developers :/ what would you recommend to do?
Just click the "advanced details" and check which queries are run from hooks and track which plugins are using the queries.
(2012-05-22, 11:35 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Just click the "advanced details" and check which queries are run from hooks and track which plugins are using the queries.

will do. Damn I'm kinda nervious don't wanna get rid of any of those plugins :/
Mine is 72 DB Queries.
[Image: dbqueries.png]

I almost have all the mybb plugins mod installed in my forum.

May i ask everyone here what is the recommended DB queries allowed?
What is the maximum queries that are still allowed and we should not be worried to?

@zero_x
i think
Google SEO (1.6.3) by Andreas Klauer and Your Side Bar (0.1) Yaldaram consume much queries, although i am not particular about this but as what i have read that showing/parsing the latest threads/posts in every forum especially of your forum is too large already then i think it will consume that much.

Edit.
Checking the advanced details on my forum, shows its google_seo that run too much queries.
I just now that the fewer the better. bestblackhatforum if those queries are from google seo then they are safe, is supposed? I also was thinking about the side black as it's outdated and the most updated version is premium. I hope thats the one :/
google seo only adds on showthread

one query for the thread title
one query per post on the page for the user name
one query per forum/subforum in the breadcrumb

so the more posts per page and threads per page you have, the more queries google seo will use. until he can update it to cache the existing info (which he talked about doing, but not sure if he has) you will have this issue. also, it will only benefit the query count if the same user has multiple posts on the same page.

btw, google seo is safe.

as labrocca said, you should look at the advanced debug and check the queries
I'll do that, but I remember seeing just codes which I'm not really good at.
1 I have no seen a single resource friendly plugin for showing avatars on index, more probable yours makes over one query on index.

2 You don't need a plugin for default avatars (but this ones doesn't make queries, so..).

3 Do you use the cache feature of google seo for index?

Maybe check these:
Tabbed Menu (2.0.2) Jesse Labrocca
Your Side Bar (0.1) Yaldaram

My forum makes over 40~60 queries at index and it uses far more plugin that yours.

Also note that plugins may not cache their templates if they hook at global or index. That will make add query by teamplate.

For example, I was checking "OUGC Announcement Bars (1.0)" and I think I forget to cache my template (one extra query from there), will fix it nex version tough.

Edit: Just wuick checked the avatars on index plugin and yes, it makes one query by each forum you have on index, it doesn't even uses the get_user() function.
Pages: 1 2