MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions, and opinions wanted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As already mentioned, it looks too bloated.
Either combine forums into one or change some to subforums to ease the eye.
Too many categories which is unpleasant to scroll.
I like the site name. it is wonderful
admindiscussion.com
have you bought it from someone who owned before? or just catch with luck and register?
Much more condensing needed. Limit the section count as much as you can. With an Admin board you really need to be original, the theme is so plain and boring. Go custom or customised a premium theme yourself. There's so many Admin boards around that originality in my opinion is key with content.

The whole development category isn't needed in my opinion. I doubt many programmers are going to sign up straight away and start contributing. Have one section for "web development" and have all that stuff go in there, perhaps use thread prefixes.

Overall I just don't see what appeal this has to webmasters.
It needs to look impressive. Add a image logo, some cool plugins, or a theme with some color. It just looks pretty bland right now. With a webmaster forum it has to be really good for people to be impressed and take it seriously. It's like your cooking dinner for a chef, Your food has to be pretty good impress him.
Explain to me why I should join.
(2012-05-23, 11:40 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-23, 11:11 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I do't really understand it myself. It comes with the theme. assume its just to point towards the sections name in which you can click it, and have all the forums in that section appear.

Its category description <div>. Since there is no description for category that's why its empty.

Its in "forumbit_depth1_cat" template;
<div class="smalltext forumheaddesc">{$forum['description']}</div>

Removing forumheaddesc should be fine.

Ill give that a shot. Thanks

(2012-05-23, 02:25 PM)sweden Wrote: [ -> ]I like the site name. it is wonderful
admindiscussion.com
have you bought it from someone who owned before? or just catch with luck and register?

I spend at least an hour a day searching for nice premium domains that are not taken. So every once in a while I happen to come across a domain. I am sure it was an expired domain, and I just got really lucky because this domain is pretty good imho.

(2012-05-23, 03:16 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Much more condensing needed. Limit the section count as much as you can. With an Admin board you really need to be original, the theme is so plain and boring. Go custom or customised a premium theme yourself. There's so many Admin boards around that originality in my opinion is key with content.

The whole development category isn't needed in my opinion. I doubt many programmers are going to sign up straight away and start contributing. Have one section for "web development" and have all that stuff go in there, perhaps use thread prefixes.

Overall I just don't see what appeal this has to webmasters.

Well clearly content is key. However I have some great ideas on advertising, The site will have a decent amount of content straight away. Which will be even more appealing to the eye. I also plan on adding a directory, and a few very useful scripts to the site that come in really handy for webmasters. Like I said though as of right now I am strictly looking for opinions, and suggestions on the forum for now. After I have that set in stone I will implement everything else, and than release/advertise the site.

(2012-05-23, 05:12 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]It needs to look impressive. Add a image logo, some cool plugins, or a theme with some color. It just looks pretty bland right now. With a webmaster forum it has to be really good for people to be impressed and take it seriously. It's like your cooking dinner for a chef, Your food has to be pretty good impress him.

To me on admin/webmaster forums the first thing I look for is a simple yet really professional theme. If the site doesn't have it I am not going ot join. That is what I was aiming for.

(2012-05-23, 08:00 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Explain to me why I should join.

I don't want you to join, at least yet. I am not ready to release it. This is strictly for suggestions, and opinions pre-release rather than a showcase thread.

Do you guys think I should you the Unova theme instead of the Imperial theme I am currently using. It has a bit more spark to it rather than being so professional. Plus has very nice custom ability's.
Brad means explain to him the pros of the forum to encourage a new user to join. There is none. You can have a professional theme without it being boring. What is going to separate you from sites like sitepoint, digitalpoint, TAZ, FP, etc?
(2012-05-24, 12:05 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Brad means explain to him the pros of the forum to encourage a new user to join. There is none. You can have a professional theme without it being boring. What is going to separate you from sites like sitepoint, digitalpoint, TAZ, FP, etc?

For starters an actual respectable community. Which is the number one reason I am making this forum. There is only a few webmaster forums that are actually friendly, and they are pretty inactive. Digital point is the worst forum I have ever seen when it comes to people's attitude, and respect. Also, like I said I am going to have a directory, and all sorts of other very helpful tools that alot of people will enjoy using that can't be found everywhere especially for free.
You won't have a respectable community at first, though. You won't have a community. You need to know what your value proposition is.
Sitepoint have a really respectable community.
Pages: 1 2 3