MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions, and opinions wanted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

www.AdminDiscussion.com

I would like to know what you think I should add or take off before I release the website. Keep in mind I plan on adding at least a thread to each section before promotion. I would just like opinions, and suggestions from other webmasters before I do so. If you are just going to say that I should give up or bla bla bla don't waste your breathe. I am fully dedicated to this, and do not plan on giving up without one hell of a fight. I have alot of plans for this site.
I'll just tell you what everyone is going to say - too many section, don't add more, lose the tabs. If you have big plans, start small and grow from there. Just because you have a big board, doesn't mean you shouldn't return to your humble roots when opening a new site.

The site title and logo aren't really descriptive enough. Webmaster is a word that is really only associated with one thing, but Admin is more abstract. Someone told me that the best logos tell you what the forum is about when you cover the name, if that helps.
It's so boring, nothing there I've not seen before.
Far too many sections, I don't get why you need an entire tab for SEO or even need tabs at all.
Why all the sections? That forum won't look even a little bit popular until you got tens of thousands of posts.
Oh, and the username glow is very unprofessional.
Tabs = removed, and alot of sections = removed.
When we hover over the .thead area, (especially in category name) an arrow having nothing text inside appears. I've mentioned it in screenshot.
[attachment=26362]

You probably have to remove that as well since its empty.
Remove and condense further.
Feedback and announcements could be merged, web design and graphics too. SEO category is pointless with only 1 section.
(2012-05-23, 10:15 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]When we hover over the .thead area, (especially in category name) an arrow having nothing text inside appears. I've mentioned it in screenshot.

You probably have to remove that as well since its empty.

Yeah I do't really understand it myself. It comes with the theme. assume its just to point towards the sections name in which you can click it, and have all the forums in that section appear.

(2012-05-23, 10:47 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Remove and condense further.
Feedback and announcements could be merged, web design and graphics too. SEO category is pointless with only 1 section.

Thanks for the info.
What about combining general discussion and introductions into a single off-topic forum, and sticking it at the bottom? You don't really need a reviews and a showcase either. Just make it like here, where a showcase thread doubles as a review thread.
(2012-05-23, 11:11 AM)Philly Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I do't really understand it myself. It comes with the theme. assume its just to point towards the sections name in which you can click it, and have all the forums in that section appear.

Its category description <div>. Since there is no description for category that's why its empty.

Its in "forumbit_depth1_cat" template;
<div class="smalltext forumheaddesc">{$forum['description']}</div>

Removing forumheaddesc should be fine.
I'm sure pixelmonkey would help you too.
Pages: 1 2 3