MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: System doing things on his self
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

The Mybb system is doing strange thinks, I have setup a email that send to members when they are not active for a month, this was working well and now he is sending the mails to members that are active everyday..

Also I have a newsletter and this one I setup every month and now he is sending automatic without I have gif permission the newsletter from April, so previous month.

So the system is doing things by his own without annyone have setup this.
What can this be that the system is doing things without a admin have setup the actions.

Thanks helping me
Almost sure the plugin is incompatible with your mybb version. What plugin is it?
Neither of these things are core functionality so it's not something we can do a lot about.
(2012-05-23, 09:01 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Almost sure the plugin is incompatible with your mybb version. What plugin is it?

Plugin ?? The mails are sended with the massa mail option of mybb self.
and the remember mail is the remember-us plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/remember-us

Its not corrupted or incompatible because it works great for a hole year without problems. But now mybb is sending things automatic also with the massa mail

(2012-05-23, 09:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Neither of these things are core functionality so it's not something we can do a lot about.

Can nothing do??? This is not started without a reason, somewhere there is something not good but wat, there need to be a explination for this not????
Maybe you PHP configuration or something, it seems like a MyBB support thread to me now.
The reminder email is a plugin so if that's breaking it's not a MyBB issue because it's not MyBB code. Are you sure you haven't just edited how frequently the task runs that triggers the emails?

And again, the Mass Mail will only send active emails; maybe if you could provide more details as to exactly what is happening and what it being sent, like screenshots of the configuration from the ACP, we'd be able to help.