MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add rel nofollow to external links on the entire board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I am currently trying to optimize board and noticed, that I have too many external links on the entire board. I have already gotten a plugin, that makes all of the external links in the posts as well as the user profiles to "no-follow". Now I am having the issue, that I want to make the links leading to the members profiles all "no-follow". Where can I edit it? Links to the members profiles can be found in the index page as well as posts and other.
My board is http://nosforum.com .

I appreciate your help Smile
The minimum copyright to recieve support here is a link back to mybb.com with the text "Powered By MyBB" or a variation of that. Please remove the adf.ly links from the footer template.

Thanks.
(2012-05-24, 02:13 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The minimum copyright to recieve support here is a link back to mybb.com with the text "Powered By MyBB" or a variation of that. Please remove the adf.ly links from the footer template.

Thanks.

I am sorry for adding the adf.ly links. I will remove all adf.ly links leading to mybb immediately!
Thanks. Smile

The best way to prevent to prevent user profiles from being indexed is to add a rule to your robots.txt file and disallow guests to view user profiles. Nofollow wouldn't work too well for user profiles as if someone links to a user profile on another site, google will follow it regardless of nofollow being added on your own site.
(2012-05-24, 02:27 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Smile

The best way to prevent to prevent user profiles from being indexed is to add a rule to your robots.txt file and disallow guests to view user profiles. Nofollow wouldn't work too well for user profiles as if someone links to a user profile on another site, google will follow it regardless of nofollow being added on your own site.

I already disallowed Guests to view the profiles of members, but I am still getting at "review websites", that I have too many links on the index page. Apparently I should make some to "no follow", but I can't exactly find the file in the ACP to add the no follow in front of the member link.

So if google follows nofollow links, what difference does it make? Is it just the quality?