MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: google search results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
my site is showing on google by the thread subjects but how can i get my site to show by typing in keywords like vauxhall forum as when u type that its not there
More content, more traffic, higher page rank and an active user base.

The top result for vauxhall forum is a forum with 2 million posts. Your forum has a thousand posts. There's a huge difference there.

Either way, this isn't related to MyBB so I'm moving it to the correct forum.
so i dont need to do anything but wait for it to get a bigger site?
It's not about waiting, it's about putting in as much effort as you possibly can.

Effort and dedication = success. Think about what you could be doing to bring in a larger audience.
yes i have been tring to think of ways to get more members
any suggestions all welcome
Do you have some Key Words and a Description? that would help with Google.
(2012-05-25, 07:21 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have some Key Words and a Description? that would help with Google.

Keywords don't help. Google doesn't take them in to account any more.
(2012-05-25, 07:27 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 07:21 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have some Key Words and a Description? that would help with Google.

Keywords don't help. Google doesn't take them in to account any more.

Must be the description then cause it helped my site.
Google ignores both as they were abused too much. They have no effect on your ranking. Your content, on the other hand, does.
Wrong, Tom. Description is indeed counted a lot, today. Just search some common MyBB forum and read the description what it says in Google listing and compare it with what meta description says, both would be same, unless site owner hasn't added meta description.
Pages: 1 2 3 4