MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bold font
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been searching for hours now as all posts made are in bold. I have no idea why, has anybody faced this issue before and if so, how do you fix it?
Please provide your forum URL and a test account.
http://www.blabbo.co.uk/

Username: test
Password: testing
Ok, there's an unclosed strong tag somewhere in your templates. I believe it is in the postbit_posturl template, could you please copy and paste its contents so I can take a look?
<div style="float: right; width: auto; vertical-align: top"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->postbit_post} <a href="{$post['postlink']}#pid{$post['pid']}">#{$postcounter}</a></strong>{$post['inlinecheck']}</span></div>
That doesn't look like it. How about postbit_classic?
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="trow1" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a><br><br>
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
                        {$post['profilelink']}<br />
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
	</td>
	<td class="trow2" valign="top">
		<table width="97.75%">
			<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
				{$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
		</td></tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext"></span></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="97.75%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>

I managed to figure it out.

You were right to look in postbit_posturl. I took the <strong> tag out and it seemed to have fixed the issue. My only question is, why, as a default template would the strong tag be there...
I don't understand. Everything looks clean. I checked your CSS and the issue is not there either. But I can clearly see an unclosed strong tag in your source code (which is most likely what's causing the issue).

<!-- start: postbit_posturl -->
<div style="float: right; width: auto; vertical-align: top">
<span class="smalltext">
<strong>Yesterday 10:51 PM
</span>
</div>
<!-- end: postbit_posturl -->

The HTML comments MyBB generates indicate that the problematic code is in the postbit_posturl template. Usually that's not where the date is, but it looks like you changed things up a bit, so it's possible that the date is there. However the code you posted is not what's being output. Are you sure you're looking at the right template set? If so, I think it would be easier if you could just PM me an admin account so I can take a closer look.

Edit: Looks like you figured it out. I still don't get it though, the postbit_posturl code you posted is not what's being output. That template is absolutely clean. Are you sure you copied the code from the right template set?
I've just double checked.

<div style="float: right; width: auto; vertical-align: top"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->postbit_post} <a href="{$post['postlink']}#pid{$post['pid']}">#{$postcounter}</a></strong>{$post['inlinecheck']}</span></div>

Snippet took by reverting to original again to make sure it was correct. Now removed the <strong> tag which should not show within the source code.

Oh I nearly forgot. Positive rep is in order here.

Thanks again!
Ah! I think I was correct. The postbit_posturl template contained the code I thought it did: the date the thread was posted on (which had an unclosed strong tag making everything else bold). If you look at the upper right corner, you no longer have the date there. You have the post counter, because you reverted the template to original and therefore removed whatever modification you made to include the date instead.

You can actually keep the strong tag there now, it's perfectly fine. What you had going on previously had the unclosed tag, but this is 100% clean. The tag is opened and then closed - no problem. In case you don't want the post counter to be bolded, then remove both <strong> and </strong> from the code.
Pages: 1 2