MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Find Duplicate Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to update version of forum to last one but somehow my previues forum 1.4 allowed user names like "Testuser" and "testuser", those are now two different users and I need to find all duplicate users.

Can anyone help me to make sql query to find all duplicate users so i can remove them manually or change to something else.
Did you use the upgrade script or the merge system? There's no reason you should have two users with the same name like that if they weren't created separately.
SELECT from `mybb_users` where username="testuser";

Should list out all usernames having testuser, I believe.
I am not sure how is happen to have multiple users,

Now I am trying to perform this query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users MODIFY COLUMN username varchar(120) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER uid;

and I cant because of 275 duplicate records, I am looking the way just to display those records and go one by one to delete or change.

Performing this query is show just one by one record.

(2012-05-26, 12:32 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
SELECT from `mybb_users` where username="testuser";

Should list out all usernames having testuser, I believe.

This table with users is from 1.4 version, and I am trying to transfer users to new forum 1.6

I screw up not updating for a long time and now I need to go manually sync.
So... did use the upgrade script, or the merge system? I need to know that in order to suggest what to do next. Just deleting them isn't going to solve much because if you managed to get duplicates in the first place, something's gone wrong, and you will have other problems than just this.