MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How much is my forum worth ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-05-26, 11:36 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]mariokartwii.com is a zero revenue site. No ads.
There are ads above the stats.
(2012-05-27, 09:58 PM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 11:36 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]mariokartwii.com is a zero revenue site. No ads.

Yeah i just looked i also seen ads
Dont know about the site but the theme is really nice, that probably alone would provide you with 20 dollars or so.

And i dont know if a domain name like that is illegal. If you clearly state you are not affiliated with youtube in any sort or way. He might get away with it. Also the fact youtube.com is a completely different type of site then his. As long as he doesnt share or gives users the option to upload videos (file sharing) im not sure if youtube (google) can do something about the domain. Outside of buying him out.
On the otherside if google finds out and its illegal your site can be shut down almost instantly.
As long as you dont get: http://www.wipo.int/portal/index.html.en them after you, you are safe Toungue
(2012-05-27, 09:58 PM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]

Never question what labrocca said, he is a bawsShy

Gamespot and Gamesfaq are TMs of their own.

You don't start a soda company as "Pepsi-Ish" then ask what the name is worth. Value is zero. I stand by that.

+1
(2012-05-28, 07:40 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Dont know about the site but the theme is really nice, that probably alone would provide you with 20 dollars or so.

And i dont know if a domain name like that is illegal. If you clearly state you are not affiliated with youtube in any sort or way. He might get away with it. Also the fact youtube.com is a completely different type of site then his. As long as he doesnt share or gives users the option to upload videos (file sharing) im not sure if youtube (google) can do something about the domain. Outside of buying him out.
On the otherside if google finds out and its illegal your site can be shut down almost instantly.
As long as you dont get: http://www.wipo.int/portal/index.html.en them after you, you are safe Toungue

Yeah the theme is sexy paid the developer something like $50
I think i got a good deal :p

As for the whole domain name thing I think your right
Pages: 1 2