MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Status Icons + Table Alignment Problems (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, master coders.

As I am not a master of code, I'm having some issues reskinning/templating MyBB for my purposes. It was working perfectly just an hour ago and now, there are a few things that seem to be breaking.

Forum Status Icons:

I made some .png icons (named them on, off, offlock, appropriately) and went into forumbit_depth2_cat, forumbit_depth2_forum and the global.js files and changed the file extensions there to .png instead of .gif. Now, only one of them is working.

Forum Table Alignment:

The table that houses trow is not aligned correctly under the thead. It was...now it isn't. Not entirely certain what changed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
What's your forum's URL?
Yeah...that'd be helpful to give. Wouldn't it? lol

Sorry about that!

Here we go!
For status icon, I can only see one forum. If you please provide any testing account who can view the other forums/sub-forums then it would be appreciated.

For the table issue, Go to: AdminCP > templates > your theme's templates (probably default) > Forumbit Templates > forumbit_depth1_cat > and find;
<td class="tcat" colspan="3">
and Change 3 to 2, like this;
<td class="tcat" colspan="2">

It should keep your layout on track.
Thanks for helping to get my tabled aligned!

I made some other forums, as well.
I'm viewing just these two forums; and the on/off icon is already set to off
[attachment=26390]
The issue is down at the bottom:

'off.png' seems to to be the only one showing up correctly.
(2012-05-27, 12:35 AM)viriesque Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is down at the bottom:

'off.png' seems to to be the only one showing up correctly.

You didn't mention editing your Index template, so I'm assuming that's why. Go into there and change {$theme['imgdir']}/on.gif to .png. Same with the offlock.

Should be good to go.
Brilliant, Yaldaram and Tecca! Thanks so much!

(Just one more question -- which template governs the subforum table alignment? Getting the same problem and I've not been able to find which colspan to fix, yet!)
forumdisplay_subforums

Delete 2nd empty (with &nbsp) <td> from 2nd <tr>.
Pages: 1 2