MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup Rep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, when you create a database backup, and then re-import it through the merge system, rep points are lost. Is there a way to back up rep with the regular backup, or a plugin or just some way to do it?
Why would you be using the merge system to import a backup...? The merge system is for merging forums, hence the name, and only deals with the most important tables. If you want to import a backup, just use phpMyAdmin.
nonon, Like when you're at:
/admin/index.php?module=tools-backupdb&action=backup

Is there a way you can add rep to that, so when you revert to a backup, rep points that have been added are still there?
Erm, that will already backup rep Undecided It backs up all the tables in the database and reps are stored in there so they'll be backed up. If you're losing things when you're importing a backup, either the backup was incomplete or you're doing something wrong, and if you're using the Merge System, you're doing it wrong.
Rep points get lost when I do the "select all" thing.

And I'm not having any issues now, but for the 3 times I've done it, rep's never been re-added after an import.
Then as I said, you must be doing something wrong. Reps are stored in a table like everything else, and then there's a count in the users table for each user. There's nothing special about reps that means they don't get backed up along with everything else. How exactly did you use the merge system to import a backup anyway?
/admin/index.php?module=tools-backupdb&action=backup
Then select all, and download.
Then uploading /merge, creating a new DB in phpmyadmin, importing the DB, then Merging, with the
"MyBB 1.6 (Merge)" option, then connecting with the DB, and merging...

When i do that, rep never transfers.
Yes, because as I said above, the merge system does not do anything with reps. Why did you think you should be using the merge system? Import backups via phpMyAdmin.
The merge? Like to add one database to another? Don't you have to use the merge...? xD
So are you actually merging two forums then? Before you said "when you revert to a backup" which didn't make it clear you were actually merging forums together.
Pages: 1 2