MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Master Templates Gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was messing about with a test plugin on my test site and accidentally deleted all the master templates when I ran the uninstall routine on the plugin. At least, I think that is what I did.

After running the uninstall I had no templates at all on the board, just whitepages, though Admin CP is still fine. I installed a new theme and template set and I see the headers etc but none of the content.

I know it is just my test board and so it is no big deal as I can just reinstall, but it would be nice to know how to restore the templates for future reference (Wink).
Hi Lee,
Export from your other test site* Toungue

*First I would check the DB table to see if the templates are there or truly wiped out.
(2012-05-27, 03:00 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lee,
Export from your other test site* Toungue

What Other test site?? That's my main board you cad. Big Grin

I will have a look in the db though it is looking faster to reinstall.

Lee
Easiest way to tell if they're actually gone is to run this query:

SELECT * FROM mybb_templates WHERE sid = '-2';

If you get results then there's at least some master templates there. If not, then they're gone.

It would probably be quicker to reinstall if they are gone; reimporting the mybb_theme.xml file from the ./install/resources/ folder may fix them but can't remember for sure. If they are gone, would you be able to link me to the plugin that may have done this so I can check it out?
Would this by any chance be my MyAlerts plugin you were testing? I've had this issue occur once or twice my self and I think it's something to do with PluginLibrary's way of handling templates...
Matt - I did try that query - but the templates are gone. I will try on the recovery, not because there is anything in there I want, but just to see if it is even possible.

At euantor - yes, it was your plugin. zero_x nagged me into installing to test, but I asploded the board before ever finding the page Big Grin
Yeah, I don't have any clue why it sometimes does that. It seemingly does it at random when deactivating. I'm using the standard PluginLibrary template deletion method so it should work fine if the code in PL is right (which I was assuming was).
Yea, I have no idea really why it happened - it seemed kind of random. Thank you and I will mark Matt as best answer.
(2012-05-27, 11:41 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, I have no idea really why it happened - it seemed kind of random. Thank you and I will mark Matt as best answer.

Heart