MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop RSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I stop the rss feed poster from appearing in the latest threads in sidebox or recent topics on index? I cant find anything useful to help with this problem. My members love the rss feeds, however they do not like it being in the latest threads, I dont either.
this is a plugin issue, not a stock software issue. the plugin will have to be modified somehow.
Is there anyone out there that could help me with this modification?
you could consider contacting the author of whichever RSS plugin you are using
I solved this problem by just making the rss post forums password protected.
The alternative would be to make a simple core file edit in portal php

$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.username, u.avatardimensions, f.name AS forumname
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."forums f ON (f.fid=t.fid)
		WHERE 1=1 $uv AND t.visible='1'
		AND t.fid NOT IN(YOUR FID YOU WANT TO EXCLUDE)
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC 
		LIMIT 0, ".$mybb->settings['portal_showdiscussionsnum']
	);

Where YOUR FID YOU WANT TO EXCLUDE is the forum ID of the RSS posts forum.
I appreciate that however I do not use the portal, only having the issue with "View Todays Posts", Recent threads on index and recent threads in sidebox. So as previously mentioned i believe the only fix other than what i did would be to modify the rss plugin. Thank you though.
Well, it will be the same code - especially if you are using Nayars sideboxes plugin Big Grin

But yea, your password option will work too, though perhaps a bit of a drag for users to have to fill in a password to see posts that are readily available on the Internet. Unless I misunderstood.