MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: update to 1.6.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-05-27, 11:03 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]Will this mean that there comes a update only too? (or do I had to upload all files)

There was a slight issue with the changed files package which I wanted to run by Tom first. Seeing as he is asleep it will be a few hours until a changed files package is put up.

You can just download the full package though, then go to the list of changed files on the wiki and only upload the files from the full package which are in the changed files list.
Offtopic, but why would uploading the entire package give a problem ?
I mean, in what occassion does one alternate core files, we have plugins for most things and else writing one is a more forward solution I guess.
It shouldn't cause a problem. The changed files package is really just to avoid having to download then upload a whole bunch of unchanged files.

If you have made core edits then it's pretty easy to track them down using WinMerge, but even if you are using the changed files package there is still the chance that you'll have to overwrite a modified file.
Lucky me I just started to use 1.6 (I guess I was the last one who use 1.4). At this moment I just edit 3 php files but lots of images.
In 1.4 I changed I think about 25 php files, so the chance that something don't work is lower when you do not have upload all files.
Pages: 1 2