MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I upgrade my forum and I'm getting this problem before upgrading forum :

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

What should I need to do? Also inc/config.php is also empty right now after uploading files!

Don't know how I can fix it?
I'm not sure how you managed to overwrite the config.php file as it's not in any package that we provide, rebuild it with this: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Inc/config.php
Hello Matt!

I tried to do it but again showing same error for me! I'm not sure about password but it's not working! Is their anyway I can install fresh copy without loosing posts and settings?
No, installing again means installing again, unless you chose a different database to install to, but you don't need to do that. It will work fine if you put your correct database details in.
Ok I will try to put correct username and password! Will you clear me one thing? Does username and password is same of Forum or same as cPanel ?

No it's your database details, nothing to do with your forum details or cPanel details.

What do you have set as the value for $config['database']['type'] in config.php? In the code on the page I linked you to it's set to mysql but yours seems to be empty...
I set this :

config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'rohit29_mybb1';
$config['database']['password'] = '******;
$config['database']['database'] = 'rohit29_mybb1';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';
You're missing the $ from the start of config['database']['type']
No I mention it!

Also I am still getting this error : Fatal error: [SQL] [1045] Access denied for user 'rohit29_mybb1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Then the database password is wrong. You'll need to set a new one within phpMyAdmin if you cant remember what it is.
Pages: 1 2