MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tables Crashing after Ubuntu 12.04 Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been running mybb fine for over a year now, and I updated our Ubuntu installation two days ago from 11.10 to 12.04, I was watching everything through putty as the updates took place, and one of the changes was something within the mysql server. It kept all my configuration files, but ever since it updated the mysql server files, my mybb tables just randomly crash throughout the day.

Below is an example, I can also make them crash by trying to run a backup, optimizing the database, running certain tasks like the table check.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    144 - Table './dbname/xd_adminsessions' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
Query:
    SELECT * FROM xd_adminsessions WHERE sid='68a7418ba2c91a85a1ea8b4e7cfff3a5' 

I can temporaily fix these table issues by running "myisamchk -r /var/lib/mysql/dbname/*.MYI --force" but they break again later.

I've never had an issue like this, and the REPAIR TABLE in mysql won't fix this, if I run the CHECK TABLE function over and over, it will fix individual tables.

I reinstalled the MySQL Server installed on the machine, and it hasn't had an effect, I plan on doing a full reinstall of MyBB and just reinstalling the database, but I figured I would post here as I couldn't find any information on google.

When I run MyISAMCHK these are the returned results:

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_reportedposts.MYI'
Data records: 5
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2
- Fixing index 3

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_reputation.MYI'
Data records: 208
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2
- Fixing index 3
- Fixing index 4

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_searchlog.MYI'
Data records: 16
- Fixing index 1
Data records: 19

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_sessions.MYI'
Data records: 140
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2
- Fixing index 3
- Fixing index 4
- Fixing index 5
- Fixing index 6

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_settinggroups.MYI'
Data records: 29
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_settings.MYI'
Data records: 278
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_smilies.MYI'
Data records: 20
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_spiders.MYI'
Data records: 9
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_stats.MYI'
Data records: 76
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_tasklog.MYI'
Data records: 6314
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_tasks.MYI'
Data records: 11
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_templategroups.MYI'
Data records: 39
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_templatesets.MYI'
Data records: 4
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_templates.MYI'
Data records: 1859
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_themes.MYI'
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_themestylesheets.MYI'
Data records: 20
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_threadprefixes.MYI'
Data records: 0
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_threadratings.MYI'
Data records: 68
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_threads.MYI'
Data records: 417
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2
- Fixing index 3
- Fixing index 4
- Fixing index 5
- Fixing index 6
- Fixing index 7

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_threadsread.MYI'
Data records: 936
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2
Data records: 974

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_threadsubscriptions.MYI'
Data records: 257
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2
- Fixing index 3

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_threadviews.MYI'
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_upgrade_data.MYI'
Data records: 4
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_userfields.MYI'
Data records: 153
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_usergroups.MYI'
Data records: 8
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_users.MYI'
Data records: 153
- Fixing index 1
- Fixing index 2
- Fixing index 3
- Fixing index 4
- Fixing index 5
- Fixing index 6

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_usertitles.MYI'
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_warninglevels.MYI'
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_warnings.MYI'
- Fixing index 1

---------

- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/dbname/xd_warningtypes.MYI'

A major problem with this is the fact that I cannot do database backups, when they're attempted they're only like 7kb, in comparison to the larger backups I had in previous weeks.

I also upgraded from 1.6.7 to 1.6.8 today without any noticeable issues, but the tables are still crashing, I'm perfectly willing to bet it's mysql, or something that corrupted in the Ubuntu 12.04 installation.

Thanks in advance,
hymsan
I think you'd be better off asking on a server/MySQL specific site; you said yourself it happened right after you upgraded Ubuntu and as nothing changed with the MyBB code when the problem started the only thing it can really be is the server itself, and server/MySQL management is beyond the realm of our support here.
(2012-05-27, 02:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I think you'd be better off asking on a server/MySQL specific site; you said yourself it happened right after you upgraded Ubuntu and as nothing changed with the MyBB code when the problem started the only thing it can really be is the server itself, and server/MySQL management is beyond the realm of our support here.

Okay, thank you Matt.