MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Buddy List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel like there isn't a place for simple discussion of MyBB features. I have no suggestion or feedback, but I'm not sure where this thread belongs. =/

But i do wonder, what's the purpose of having the buddy list? Adding someone as your buddy doesn't change anything functionally. And if it doesn't do anything, why waste space having it there?
(2012-05-27, 09:18 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like there isn't a place for simple discussion of MyBB features. I have no suggestion or feedback, but I'm not sure where this thread belongs. =/

You're in the right place.

(2012-05-27, 09:18 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]But i do wonder, what's the purpose of having the buddy list? Adding someone as your buddy doesn't change anything functionally. And if it doesn't do anything, why waste space having it there?

It's mainly used for two reasons:

1. Being able to quickly contact certain users and seeing if they're online or not.
2. Being able to quickly select users when sending PMs
(2012-05-27, 09:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]1. Being able to quickly contact certain users and seeing if they're online or not.

How so?

(2012-05-27, 09:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]2. Being able to quickly select users when sending PMs

You know, I've been using MyBB since 1.2 and I'm just now seeing this... =/ I like it.
(2012-05-27, 09:25 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 09:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]1. Being able to quickly contact certain users and seeing if they're online or not.

How so?

[Image: nbjgucG.png]

(2012-05-27, 09:25 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 09:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]2. Being able to quickly select users when sending PMs

You know, I've been using MyBB since 1.2 and I'm just now seeing this... =/ I like it.

There's lots about MyBB you can discover if you look hard enough. Smile
Where do I find that at?
You add people to your buddy list and click on Open Buddy List in the welcome block.