MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login problems, 1.6.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://hosting.gamer-freakz.com/index.php

Everytime i login, it says redirect message then when i'm redirected, i'm not logged in and when i log into admin cp it shows me dashboard, but then whenever i click to go somewhere, it logs me out and it wont log me back in.

I have cleared cookies twice,

my settings are;

cookie url: .hosting.gamer-freakz.com
cookie path: /

A friend is also getting this, i have another site on that gamer-freakz.com domain but i don't see why it's doing it.

Also, this is 1.6.8 and i heard 1.6.8 had a new default theme and admin cp theme and this one has the old one or am i mistaken?

P.S i have read the thread based on this problem but everything seems to be fine that i have checked.
I think you need to remove the dot before

Quote:.hosting.gamer-freakz.com

So it should be:
Quote:hosting.gamer-freakz.com

Atleast according to: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
cookie domains always start with dots, i think.

Anyone else have any ideas?

And also, does anyone know about the upgrade question i asked?
Cookie domains start with a dot when they cover subdomains, too.

It should either be hosting.gamer-freakz.com or .gamer-freakz.com
so i remove the . from the .hosting.gamer-freakz.com?
Yes, that should work. If not try .gamer-freakz.com with the dot prefix. Remember to clear your cookies too.
But i can't get into admin cp, so would i have to change it in settings.php and then the database or would i not need to be changed in database manually?
(2012-05-28, 01:16 AM)Matt Fargo Wrote: [ -> ]But i can't get into admin cp, so would i have to change it in settings.php and then the database or would i not need to be changed in database manually?

Settings php is reloaded if you change / save any settings again so if the information there is changed but not on the admin CP it will safe the old settings again.

So first change settings.php > clear cookies > log into admincp > then change the settings on adminCP and save it there.
./inc/settings.php is simply a cache of the settings in the ACP. As it's temporary data, you'll need to edit them in the ACP settings too.

Correcting it in ./inc/settings.php will allow temporary access to login while you change the settings.
(2012-05-28, 12:52 AM)Matt Fargo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, this is 1.6.8 and i heard 1.6.8 had a new default theme and admin cp theme and this one has the old one or am i mistaken?

That's MyBB 1.8 which hasn't been released yet. The 1.6 series won't contain any other updates apart from maintenance/security fixes.
Pages: 1 2