MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: gmail accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i`ve been getting alot of spam accounts most using gmail i did ban gmail account from being used but there are real members that use gmail so is there a way i can allow gmail for members allready signed up but stop any new accounts signing up if there using a gmail account?

i`m using the stopforumspam plugin and sercurity question plugin but they still get past it
ACp > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options > User Registration and Profile Options > Users Keep Email > Yes
thanks
You also need to change the questions/answers in "Security Questions" plugin.
i will just say 1 thing. i use gmail and i know loads of people who use gmail so you will prevent a lot of users from registering. IMHO this is a bad idea.
they only need to contact me and i can set there account up i`m just sick of the spam and nothin seems to stop it but 99% of the spam accounts are from gmail
WELL i for one wouldn't register to if i need to contact the owner to register. Whether others would or not, well i don't know.