MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Download links avaiable to "x" group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Well,

I made a VIP section with private downloads. But I would like to know if it's there any way to make a download link avaiable only for my VIP group.

I mean, if a VIP member shares the link to a normal use will cannot download it.

It's not an attachment anyways. It's a program I uploaded to my dedicated server.

Thanks!
You may try this: http://mods.mybb.com/view/hide-links-to-guests-for-14

Few things to consideration.

1) You've to change its compatibility line.
2) You've to alter the code of the plugin from few places to make it work with VIP group.
Yes but there is a problem.

As I say.. If a VIP user shares the direct link, I mean "http://www.xxxxxx/program.rar" to a normal user will be avaiable to download it.

That's exactly that I don't want.

Thanks Yaldaram.
So you want to show the link to selective usergroups if its posted by a VIP ? If it is then I don't think such plugin exists.
If this section is inside your forum set up then you might consider XThreads for your downloads attachments. It will help a bit as it has a function to make "changing urls" (not sure how to express that) - the link value will change based on a time setting.
No need of plugin or any template modification.

Just do as following.

Go to ACP--> FOrum and Post --> Clicl on Option of Your VIP Category or Forum--> Go to set permission--> unmark all Permission field for guest and registered members, awaiting activation and other your created group to whom u dont want to download vip forum links.

Thats all.
Even if they share vip forum link, normal members, guests, awaiting activation and other groups for whom u unmark all permission field, cant download that file, image etc...there will error message come.

Its tested.
Enjoy.
@ Winboy - I think that the OP meant the direct link to the file can be shared - without the downloader coming onto the forum at all. He said it was not an attachment.
(2012-05-30, 05:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@ Winboy - I think that the OP meant the direct link to the file can be shared - without the downloader coming onto the forum at all. He said it was not an attachment.

@leefish..
In mybb there is no direct download link for attchment means no one can remot upload from forum.
Try it bro.
(2012-05-30, 05:52 PM)WINBOY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 05:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@ Winboy - I think that the OP meant the direct link to the file can be shared - without the downloader coming onto the forum at all. He said it was not an attachment.

@leefish..
In mybb there is no direct download link for attchment means no one can remot upload from forum.
Try it bro.

He says it is not an attachment, that it is a file he has directly uploaded, so that would not be covered by the mybb attachment settings.

If it is an attachment then yes, there is no direct download.

PS I am a girl.....
Use permission system of MyBB. Have members add txt files with the links. Done.
Pages: 1 2