MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use templates I made.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know, yet another theme help thread Rolleyes
I made a template set to go with my theme on MyBB ACP. When I exported the theme none of the template code was in the XML file... Instead it was just

<templates>
</templates>

I tried adding in the code manually like:

<templates>
<template name="footer" version="1600><! [CDATA[<br />
TEMPLATE CODE
</template>
</templates>

I have seen other themes with similar code. Here is what I put in exactly:

<templates>
	<template name="footer" version="1600"><![CDATA[<br />
	<br />
			<div class="bottommenu">
				<div class="float_right">{$lang_select}</div>
				<div>
					<span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['contactlink']}">{$lang->bottomlinks_contactus}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> | <a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> | <a href="#content">{$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent}</a> | <a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a></span>
				</div>
			</div>
			</div>
		<hr class="hidden" />
			<div id="copyright">
				<div id="debug"><debugstuff></div>
				<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community. 
					 It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact, 
					 to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below, 
					 you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.

This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->
{$lang->powered_by} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB{$mybbversion}</a>, &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a>.<br />
				<!-- End powered by -->
				Theme created by <a href="http://www.*****************.com/">Scois0n</a>. &copy; 2012 *********** ******
				<br />
<br class="clear" />
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
		</div>
		</div>
	</template>
	</templates>

(I removed my wedsite from the code)
Along with all the other code. Am i doing something wrong? This is very slightly edited footer and I wouldn't have thought I could mess up the code...

(I'm planning on editing the templates more later, after I make sure all the images and stuff works)

Thanks ~
Your code is missing the ending ]]

It should be something like this;
<template name="footer" version="1606">
<![CDATA[TEMPLATE CODE]]>
</template>

Notice the ending ]]>
(2012-05-28, 04:53 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Your code is missing the ending ]]

It should be something like this;
<template name="footer" version="1606">
<![CDATA[TEMPLATE CODE]]>
</template>

Notice the ending ]]>

Thanks! (Yet again) I'll let you know if it works.
No problem, let me know if you've any questions.
Thank you Yaldaram! As usual, worked Big Grin
(2012-05-28, 05:58 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]No problem, let me know if you've any questions.

you would make a nice mybb support team member Toungue
(2012-05-28, 08:59 PM)pixelmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-28, 05:58 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]No problem, let me know if you've any questions.

you would make a nice mybb support team member Toungue

Yes, I would.

(LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL)

On topic I agree with pixelmonkey, you're awesome!