MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wiki Needs to be Updated (perhaps)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
THIS page showing the next major release (1.8.0) as minor release. I've highlighted the text in red underline.
[attachment=26418]
1.8 is a minor release in the 1.x series, 2.0 is the next major release. At least that's the way I've always thought it's been.

But for future reference the wiki is a wiki for a reason. Anyone is a free to update it if they wish.
I actually know about editing the wiki page but I thought to ask before editing.

Thanks for clarification again. Smile
(2012-05-29, 08:18 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]1.8 is a minor release in the 1.x series, 2.0 is the next major release. At least that's the way I've always thought it's been.

But for future reference the wiki is a wiki for a reason. Anyone is a free to update it if they wish.
Surely though, 1.8 is a major release in the 1.x series, where 1.6.8 (for example) is a minor release in the 1.x series? Toungue
We can all agree that 2.0 is a major release, at least. Big Grin
1.6.x are bug fixes, 1.x is a minor release, 2.x will be a major release. At least, I think that's the red tape we follow.
Ah yes, you are correct. From the [Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead):
Starting from version 1.2.0, MyBB has used a 3-number versioning system, x.y.z, where x is the major version number, y is the minor version number, and z is the bug fix number.